What's new

Battlestar Galactica: Season 2 - SciFi US broadcast thread (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I think at some point they are going have to delve deeper into the Cylon Background. In the original Series Cylons were toasters, now it was alluded to that the original cylons that lived on the cylon Homeworld was biological, some sort of aliens that looked like the imperious leader you saw from time to time. I guess the toaster centurions were just the ones who did the dirty work of fighting etc. Now in this version it is said the original cylons are machines, apparantly the ones we see walking about, the human models were made to get closer to humanity and their god. There are 12 models but untold numbers of these models. Now there is also the animal part of the cylon race which pilot their ships, these are Manufactured, grown somehow? Do the human models outnumber their machanical Brothers? How do one feel about the others? It seems from the brief glimpses that the 12 human models don't think much of their origins and treat the mechanicals as almost drones. How do the Drones feel about this? Any chance of a conflict breaking out between the mechanical and "Human" cylons?

Now obviously the switch to human was made to lesser the cost for the series to save on CGI/FX. But it has raised some interesting questions.

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
Not sure if this was mentioned before, but the spoiler-averse might want to steer clear of the SciFi.com homepage on BSG. There's a brief description of the upcoming episode that contains what I would deem a spoiler - hopefully it's something that happens near the beginning of the episode, but still.

--Jefferson Morris

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
Mark,

I don't remember anything in last weeks episode that would have pertained to reversing the rescue decision. Maybe once I get to see these back to back on DVD it will come off differently. Right now I still feel like something was missing but thats just my 0.02 c worth.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark

If I recall correctly, in Home Part I, Kara informed Roslin that there were survivors on Caprica that they should rescue and Roslin was against committing the entire fleet to it. Not to mention at that point Roslin wasn't in charge of the whole fleet, only about a third of it.
Then, in Resurrection Ship, Caine told Kara that she supported the idea of rescuing people from Caprica, and that the ultimate goal of the fleet should be to return to the Colonies.
I don't think anyone ever had a problem with going back there, it was just a matter of committing the entire fleet versus committing a few volunteers.

EDIT:
Actually, going over the transcripts, the only real discussion with Roslin about going back to Caprica amounted to Roslin saying that all she could focus on planning at the moment was finding the tomb. After that, there was no discussion of going back to Caprica aside from Caine and Starbuck discussing their ultimate goals and Kara talking about how Anders was most likely dead in Scar. There wasn't really any decision made about it.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Oh God, not the C(K)a(h)in(e) discussion again! Save us!!

Anyway, I am with the "why does it need to be explained" crowd. It is what it is. We know that Cylons are able to interface with most computers as they do so with ease when they are linked and with near-ease when the board the ship. They didn't beat the Colonials by overwhelming numbers but by using a virus to control their main computer and turn their own weapons on themselves. I never knew how they did those takeovers, either. Just that they did and that was enough.

As for Adama showing his reason why he changed his mind...again, why need to be blunt and obvious about it? Kara might be scratching her head about the change, too. Recall her last conversation with Adama before jumping out of the system. She made it pretty clear that even they hadn't talked much about the reasons or how thankful she was about the mission. In his usual brusque manner probably told Kara "We are going back to Caprica. Make it happen" and she marched off all giddy and brimming with ideas. They have set up this type of relationship and method before so again, why make an obvious, "Shew, I am glad he changed his mind" statement when it was a) apparent that he changed his mind and b) this was welcome news to Kara?

Re: Cylon relations between the various models. They haven't referred much to this but in the pilot (I believe) or early on in Season One Six was heard to talk about the toasters fairly dismissively. She said something like, "They still have their uses" as if they were a grudging ally but seen as old-school. Then again, we see Sharon-bot stroking and looking longingly at the captured Raider later that season. Was it love? Was it the adoration of a pet? Or adoration of a particularly fine automobile? Hard to say but it was hardly as dismissive as Six was towards the walking variety.

Carl_G

Stunt Coordinator

OMG!

Being of the species that will grab a hot plate when someone tells me not to because it's hot... Of course I ran over there to look.

What the hell were they thinking? I can only imagine what their preview for something like Sixth Sense would be...

"A ghost who does not know he is a ghost finds his ultimate peace with the help of a boy who can see the dead."

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
I can't see why previews at the end of an episode that get aired with an episode that everyone will see unless they tune out early would be considered spoilers.

I agree on SciFi.com being a PITA with regards to spoilers. In only needed to go there once in S1 to know not to visit ever again during a season.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Sorry that you can't see it but they are considered spoilers on this forum. Many of us do stop viewing after the episode is over so we don't see the previews simply because they are spoilers.

Is using the spoiler tag really that difficult?

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
What happened to counter programming against the network? Sci-Fi has always done the Summer/Winter thing. Why change now?

Jason

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
If I had to guess, they're spending more money on Galactica than previous series - and getting better ratings - and figure that they'll get a better return on their investment when overall TV viewership is not at its lowest, enough to balance out the greater competition.

Eric-S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eric Schnabel
Can someone tell me how far the Universal HD episodes are behind the SciFi channel? I am really enjoying watching the show!

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
Travis_S,

I wouldn't worry about the Season 3 premiere being in October 2006--that means the producers will have more time to actually do even better episodes. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks