What's new

Battlestar Galactica: Season 2.0 & 2.5 (1 Viewer)

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I haven't got 2.0 yet so with the announcement of 2.5 I was wondering if anybody knew if there going to be a bundle of the 2 sets (either repackaged into 1 set or the 2 boxes shrink-wrapped together)?

Katherine_K

Second Unit
There has been no evidence that such a set will be released, and I for one would highly doubt that one ever will be.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I imagine retailers like Best Buy will do some kind of deal on release day. Or so I'm hopin'.

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
yes....do ir now!

this is a series I totally did not watch on TV, and am blown away by the writing, the production values, the acting and character development, it's ability to develop a story arc....havent seen this quality of science fiction since Babylon 5!

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
Can't wait to pick up 2.5 in September. Love the show, but I'm wondering what's going to happen after that cliffhanger.

I've heard quite a few folks saying they're holding out for a combined single box, but I haven't seen any indication that's going to happen. I'm sure they'll combine 2.0 and 2.5 into a single package, but release it as a full season box instead of two halves packaged together? Probably not.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I love the show too (after my initial hating phase because I loved the 70's series) anyways I 'll be picking up Season One in the next couple of weeks and probably Season 2.0 on the same day since chances are if I haven't heard anything about a bundle with 2.5 by then there probably won't be one, atleast right away.

Can't wait for Season 3 :D

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
The only place i have heard of 2.0 and 2.5 being released as one set in R2 i believe. I read somewhere that a complete season 2 set was announced over there. But like many have allready mentioned in R1 if their is a complete set it probably will just be 2.0 and 2.5 wrapped together.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

I've asked Universal about a combined set 5 or 6 times, and each time they've told me they don't have any plans to do a complete season set. There have been a number of split season releases, and I can't think of any example of a set that combined them.

Gord

NeilO

Senior HTF Member

Now a few months later and the second set is due to come out tomorrow, is it still the case that there won't be a combined set?

Neil

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I haven't heard anything official about a full second season DVD set -- and my own feeling is that there will not be one -- BUT in the new issue of Sci Fi magazine (the publication of the Sci Fi Channel), there is a review of Battlestar Season 2.5 and it says "for those of you who can't wait for the full season set..." (or words to that effect).

I'd take it with a grain of salt. Just because the magazine is affiliated with the channel that broadcasts the show doesn't mean it has any knowledge of what Universal Home Video is doing with the DVDs.

My best guess, as a longtime serious DVD collector, is that no full season set is coming.

Has anyone seen season 2.5? It's out tomorrow; just wondering if anyone got their hands on it early.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Sam, I saw it at a store last week...it was still out over the weekend. I'm didn't pick it up there since a) the price was $39 and b) I want the recap bonus disc from BB.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Hey guys, you have a choice. While Best Buy is offering the special that Sdci Fi is broadcasting, it's not that special, Target has it listed at $37.99 and they are also offering a $5 gift certificate with the purchase of the DVD set for battlestar Galactica 2.5. I'm getting my copy for sure ...

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.

Mine's on order and has shipped last Friday, so I'm expecting it today. We spent the summer watching the origal miniseries, the first season and the 2.0 season, so we're ready. We don't have cable and therefore cannot see the SciFi telecasts. We'll be content to wait for the DVDs.

Harry

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

But this is Universal who is well known for their double and triple dippings. I'd be shocked if we didn't see another release. Although it might not happen until a possible HD-DVD release...?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Here is the exact quote from the review of 2.5 in Sci Fi magazine (Oct. 2006, page 64):

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

It is entirely possible the entire season will be released on HD, which is what this article is referring to. There is no precendent for TV shows that had been released in volumes to be put together in one set for another release. TV shows and movies are two different things.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks