What's new

Battlestar Galactica - SciFi US broadcast thread (1 Viewer)

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
One thing still bugging me from the second to last episode (haven't watched the finale yet):

Boomer shot herself through the mouth?

I thought that was lame when they did it in FIGHT CLUB...even more lame in an otherwise excellent series like BATTLESTAR GALACTICA.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I am also surprised at the lack of discussion.

However, I think it might be because of the finale's combination of surprise and disappointment...

Not as many answers as I would have liked. I'm still not sure what Boomer's 'purpose' was. Six mentioned that she would "complete her mission" or "serve her purpose" or somesuch. And, I'm still puzzled as to what it was and/or how it fits into the overall picture. She killed/destroyed thousands of Cylon's AND shot Adama. Does this acheive some sort of balance? A message to both sides?

Are the Cylons not interested in conquering, but focused on a combination/blending of the two races? We have Baltar/Six's baby and Helo/Boomer's coming baby. Is this the true focus of their 'plan'?

And, why did Six attack Starbuck? Isn't it part of the 'plan' that Starbuck retrieve the arrow?

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
Perhaps the plan isn't going as it should... Which would make dramatic sense, otherwise we'd know the outcome of the series already.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I was hoping we get some answers. All we get is more questions. I still enjoy the show. But, I just want somethings to be answered.

-On a side note. I wish they had the shuttle from the original series. Instead of having to use Raptors to transport people.
And speaking of Raptors. The way they are going through them and Vipers. I hope they find a resupply ship with some more. Or is this like Voyager where they kept creating new shuttles out of thin air. ;)

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
I thought it was great...

Six said something "bad" was going to happen and he should not be around.

Obviously they will put two and two together and find out he is a fraud in regards to the detector.

Its not the bad thing we were all expecting but it does explain why he should get off of the ship.

Interesting for sure...

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

They had the original galactica shuttle in the opening of the miniseries. It was the one that was docked at the armistice station.

I would think that the Raptors are a more multipurpose vessel than just a shuttle.

Of course the HTF site being down on the weekend certainly hindered people's input.

Regards

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
I still don't buy this concept of a Six/Baltar baby. Exactly when have we seen proof that this could have happened since the original mini-series? IMO there's not even conclusive proof that Six isn't just a construct of Baltars imagination.

Rick Guynn

Second Unit

I was thinking that as well, but I think Boomer's test was 'off the record'. Remember, Adama and the Pres were arguing over who shoud be tested 'first'. I don't think anyone knows Baltar tested Boomer.

I also think the Cylons allowed the BaseStar to get destroyed. I think part of their plan is for Galactica to find Earth. The Galactica crew was discussing the possibility of settling on Kobol. Parking a Basestar in orbit kind of frelled that idea. But the Basestar couldn't just leave, that would raise all kinds of questions, so they sacrificed a BaseStar to make sure the colonists do what they need to on Kobol and keep moving.

What I'm trying to figure out is why Starbuck didn't get impaled on the spike that killed Six. It was poking out a good 4-5 inches and Starbuck landed right on top of her....

RG

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I liked the episode. Not sure about the Gaeta thing, have to re-watch, but I didn't see that on first viewing.

I'm assuming Adama pulls through, or this will weaken the show quite a bit.

For a second, when Boomer was on the basestar with the other Boomer's, I thought maybe one of them was going to take her place, but didn't happen.

Michael TLV

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

So why did Adama pick Valeri to go on the mission? I'd think that most would know that she didn't shoot herself cleaning her pistol. Did he know that she probably had a deathwish and hence would be the best choice for the mission?

(Aside from contrived story telling reasons)

Still no conclusive evidence that Valeri would be a cylon for shooting him. Soldiers do this sometimes ...

Expect that Baltar could pull out the Boomer test and proclaim that she is a cylon ...

Six telling Baltar to get off the ship was odd since the fleet was in no imminent danger ... and being planetside would be more of a problem especially when your enemy is fully willing to Nuke you from orbit. (Just enough of a ? to make us keep guessing if she is real or part of his guilt ridden subconscious.)

Regards

David Forbes

Supporting Actor
I thought Six told Baltar to get of Galactica as an indirect way of getting him to Kobol, where she really wanted him.

No, that doesn't make sense. She would have just told him to make sure he got on the sruvey ships going there. She's not exactly the indirect type. :D

Maybe there's still a danger to the Galactica that we won't see until season 2. Any other guesses?

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
Either Six specifically wanted Baltar on Kobol or she wanted him away from the events about to unfold in the fleet. Maybe he'd also be in the Brig if he had stayed.

It could have been a deception knowing that they would be attacked by the Base Star to finally push him over the edge in his belief. But although she could have known he was going to be attacked she couldn't have know he would definately escaped death. So this doesn't really work for me.

Michael TLV

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

And of course since one of the raptors was slammed into by a raider ... just out of the hyper jump ... how could she be sure it wasn't Baltar's raptor. Could have died then and there ... ditto for the crash ... they were also fired upon ...

Suddenly it seems like it was more Baltar's idea to get away for a while rather than part of the elaborate Cylon plan.

Regards

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
If the Sixes have a shared consciousness, this could just be plain old jealousy over Baltar. And perhaps to sell the recovery of the Arrow.

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor

IMO as soon as she saw the numerous naked copies of herself she must have realized she was a Cylon. Thats what I'll be thinking if it ever happens to me. ;)

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
If you're lucky enough to have it available, Battlestar Galactica will be shown in HD on the UHD cable network starting April 10. here's the schedule.

Joel C

Screenwriter
This is a bit random, but does anyone know what Jeff Kliest thinks of this show? Since he was banned before it aired, I couldn't read his rantings against the re-imagining once it finally aired and turned out to rule the entire planet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks