Battlestar Galactica question

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by David Forbes, Oct 13, 2003.

1. David Forbes

David Forbes Supporting Actor

I watched a number of the original episodes on the Sci-Fi marathon today and found them more enjoyable than I remembered. A question for those really into this show (i.e., Jeff Kleist):

In War of the Gods part II, what is it exactly that the find in Count Iblis' crashed ship? I know it's never shown or explained within the show itself (something that bugged me when it originally aired), but is that ever explained in some other source? Interviews, a novelization, etc.? I'm just curious what would have clued them in. I mean, is it a sign that says, COUNT IBLIS IS THE DEVIL!!

2. John_Berger

John_Berger Cinematographer

Boy ... you East Shore people. [​IMG] Are you referring to the huge crash where Apollo and Starbuck attempt to stop Sheba from looking in the one doorway?

3. David Forbes

Yeah, that one. The big crash and the "Don't look!" comments. Is there any explanation of what they see?

And actually I live in Mechanicsburg too. I've been here forever and can't even remember why I used HBG for my profile. It's not like I've ever lived there (though I do work downtown).....

4. Chris Atkins

Chris Atkins Producer

5. David Forbes

Chris,

It's funny, because when these first aired I was like 12 or 13 years old, and I remember absolutely hating that they didn't know the difference between a solar system and a galaxy! It still bugs me (and things like "corridors" in space they have to fly through, like the pilot plague episode -- it's either into the void or right by a Cylon outpost!), but not nearly as much as it did when I was younger.

6. Will_B

Will_B Producer

7. derek

derek Second Unit

I recall the story of the 'cloven feet' of the crew of the crashed ship. My understanding was Iblis (ie devil incarnate) had finally 'taken out' the crew/species after using them to his own means and was a foreshadowing of what could happen to the Galactica if Iblis took over.

8. Adrian D

Adrian D Stunt Coordinator

Very interesting topic.
    I've always wondered the same thing myself.

9. Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann Screenwriter

Rex Bachmann
    derek wrote (post #7):