What's new

Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome Teaser trailer! (catch it quick before it's taken down) (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
The pilot is being shown online broken up into "webisodes" starting this Friday.
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/05/battlestar-galactica-prequel-date/
Here’s the raw essentials: BSG: B&C is a prequel movie being presented as ten, 7-12-minute episodes on young-male-targeted entertainment company Machinima’s YouTube channel, called Machinima Prime. The first episode will be released on Friday, Nov. 9, with the remaining episodes rolled out over the next four weeks. In early 2013, the two-hour version of B&C will air on Syfy, followed by the release of an unrated version on home video.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Nope, and since I don't have SyFy, I'll go the online route. Hopefully the pilot/movie is more engaging than the Caprica pilot...

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Let's be serious, Syfy needs the money this would've cost to film more episodes of Ghost Hunters and Haunted House/Mega Sharktopus VS. Ultra-Raptor.
This trailer actually looks incredible. Thought I was back in the era when Syfy actually broadcast quality fare, there, for a second. Thanks, Comcast. Thanks so frakking much.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Here's the first episode. I have to say, while it isn't quite up the quality of BSG, it was very well done and really engrossing (with awesome visual effects)!

And here is episode 2

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Very impressed with this. Makes me even more upset at Comcast/Syfy than I already was. Several thoughts, in no particular order:
  • Luke Pasqualino is great as a hotshot Adama. He's not Edward James Olmos, but, if Blood & Chrome were to go past this film, it would be fantastic to see the journey to the solemn figure Adama eventually became. I love watching this guy be cocky. It's great.
  • Is it just me, or does the Galactica seem MUCH bigger in this series than she did during the 2003-09 show?
    For example, the Galactica CIC looks very different (unless, sometime after the war, they decided to cut it down to about a third of its original size), and that flight deck is about three times higher than the 2003 Galactica's ever was. And while she's a big ship, there was no indication at any point that there was this big-ass monorail system that had to be taken from the flight deck to CIC in the series.
  • Which isn't to say I don't appreciate the huge new scope. I realized that the original sets are long since struck, and they didn't have the budget to re-build any of them, but surely they had the blueprints to work from to build the digital sets.
I really enjoyed these first two webisodes. Based on what I've seen so far, I would have totally watched Blood & Chrome if it had gone to series.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
...And The Digital Bits already has the official Blu-Ray/DVD specs/cover artwork up:
All right, there's even better news today for you Battlestar Galactica fans…
Just as we suspected, Universal Studios Home Entertainment is releasing Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome (Part One of which debuts on Machinima tomorrow) on Blu-Ray/DVD Combo and DVD in early 2013, and in fact, they've now officially announced the title with a street date of 2/19 (SRP $34.98 and $29.98)! Both versions will offer a 97-minute unrated edition of the film. Extras on both will include the Blood & Chrome Visual Effects featurette, as well as 6 deleted scenes. The Blu-Ray will also add 7 more exclusive deleted scenes. Nice. Check out the cover artwork for both versions below – they're now available for pre-order on Amazon.com by clicking on the coverts. Cool news indeed!

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Dammit, I'm hooked already. I must miss the BSG universe more than I thought. Great stuff!

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I'm going to wait until I can watch it all at once as one piece, but it's hard to resist checking these out.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
There is easily enough content to turn this into a lengthy series, and the first two parts of the pilot have been very engaging. The cast don't have that awkward "start of series" thing either, everyone so far seems to fit their roles. Someone better step up and run with this. We need more BSG (an a relaunch of Firefly while we're at it!) So say we all!

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Originally Posted by Jeff Ulmer /t/319494/battlestar-galactica-blood-chrome-teaser-trailer-catch-it-quick-before-its-taken-down/30#post_3999884
There is easily enough content to turn this into a lengthy series, and the first two parts of the pilot have been very engaging. The cast don't have that awkward "start of series" thing either, everyone so far seems to fit their roles. Someone better step up and run with this. We need more BSG (an a relaunch of Firefly while we're at it!) So say we all!
Amen!

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Jim_C said:
/t/319494/battlestar-galactica-blood-chrome-teaser-trailer-catch-it-quick-before-its-taken-down#post_3999832
I'm going to wait until I can watch it all at once as one piece, but it's hard to resist checking these out.
Likewise. But how to resist temptation?? Maybe I'll succumb when parts 5 & 6 are out too, so I can at least watch over half in one go.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
As someone who started watching already, I'd recommend waiting. It's pretty cool but I'm sure it plays better when you're not seeing one act at a time. It's like watching a TV show until the commercial break and then waiting a week to come back to it.

dfergie

Auditioning
Real Name
Don
I watched the first 4 all in a row yesterday, loved it... I wish a network that cared would pick this up, good stuff!

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'm not sure who it is, but one of the production crew is stating that this was designed to be a web series, based on the old serial concept. Frankly, I'm not buying it. With the lack of any good sci-fi on TV these days, I have no problem believing that BSG:B&C could find a comfortable slot for at least a few seasons.
I'm also not sure how Universal justifies their blu pricing for what amounts to a pilot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks