What's new

Battlestar Galactica: Any news on Blu-ray Release ? (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
As a big fan of the re-invissioned Battlestar Galactica. I am wondering if there has been any news when we might see this series release on Blu-ray? Has anyone here heard when this might be happening? Season 1 made it to HD-DVD before Toshiba threw in the towel. I am guessing that since Universal has adopted DTS-HD MA for there Blu-ray releases, we should see Battlestar Galactica with a lossless DTS-HD MA track.

Not an actuall Blu-ray cover:

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I have no information on a forthcoming Blu-ray Disc announcement. But I just wanted to say that, if anyone from Universal is reading this, the HD DVD packaging of BSG: S1 was the worst packaging I've ever had the misfortune of owning. Please use something sturdier without the rubber cement like hubs when BD version is released.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Yes, please. Novelty boxes (as a rule) generally suck. Just deliver the goods at a fair price.

ReggieW

Screenwriter
You know, I just bought this on HD-DVD via ebay, BUT I bought the British release which does not have the crappy US packaging. The discs were secure and NOT scratched. The packaging is pretty identical to the Packaging of Heroes S1. I could've bought the US edition for a little less, but have heard far too many horror stories about the packaging and scratched discs.

Peter Rohlfs

Second Unit
Real Name
Peter Rohlfs
Laurette Spang and Maren Jensen in Blu-Ray?
I'm there in a centon.

Perhaps the theatrical cut?

Peter

The picture on the dvd's is so bad, on purpose (excessive grain) that I cannot imagine this will look good on Blu ....I hope I am wrong as I love this show.

Xylon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex L
I did a thread on this series. Its really grainy but more detailed and no blocking at all compared to the broadcasts or DVD.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Since I have been trying to save for a new receiver and trying to build a Blu-ray collection. I have not been keeping up with the Battlestar Galactica seasons on DVD. I have not purchased anything after season 2. I figured it was kind of a waste to buy it on dvd and then again on Blu-ray when it finally comes out. I wish they would get on the ball and get this series out in high definition Blu-ray. I love this show and it should look great in HD. :D I would also hope that they would offer a Dolby True HD track or since it is Universal they might offer a DTS-HD MA track, ether way I would be thrilled. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
It looks pretty good on HD DVD, and the picture improved as the first season went along. It should look the same on Blu.

So, message to Universal: I have a large quantity of money that is yours for the asking. Please make this happen.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
BSG S1 on HD DVD is the last of my HD DVD i haven't sold. it is my most prized collection even compared to my BDs =D

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
I watched S1 awhile back on rented HD-DVD... really hoping this comes to Blu-ray ASAP as well! Supposedly the local cable company is vastly upgrading their internet service in a few months (new fiber optic link to the lower 48), so they may drop the transfer limit. If they do, I'll be tempted to just download the HD version from iTunes...

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
WTF!
I'm a HD Battlestarhead as of about a wk ago & no "BSG" last wk?!?!
I'm seeing in the BB ads two Sundays ago all the SD releases.
Where is the HD releases???
--------------------------
For those that hate trailer/poster/cover spoilers I'm with you on "BSG" S2.
Last I saw S1 this guy gets shot at pointblank range, twice...
next time I see him is on the cover of S2.
Good one, not.
-------------
Because I have no previous knowledge (I tried too get into this on SD DVD; however "Razor" this & razor that made my head spin & the $25US pricetag on the miniseries didn't help any) could someone tell me bout S2?
Super happy the previous HDM release was complete.
Didn't even know how great that was till after I bought it.
So, what do I have too worry about buying S2?
Is there a 2.0 & 2.1???
Is there a 'razor'?
Thanks & hope we all get too see S2 on Blu soon!

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
But don't bother buying Razor, because it is included with S4.
And also because it's a lousy story.

Eric F

Screenwriter
I actually thought it was decent enough as a whole, especially the extended version. But as you say, don't bother buying it alone.

I am kind of bummed I even purchased S1 on DVD. I am now waiting for the whole set to be release on Blu.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I mildly enjoyed it at the time, but I've come to feel it was more of a "hey, we've got these sets just sitting here, we could make some money if we shot a movie here while everyone's still on vacation" situation. It was ok.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Bill Hunt over at the Digital Bits in a post CES report mentioned that some BSG on BD should come out in 2009. Not sure if it is just one season or the complete series. A few months ago he hinted that the complete series might be made available at once.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks