Battlestar a go

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by RickGr, Jan 23, 2004.

1. RickGr

RickGr Second Unit

Hollywood North Report

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Battlestar Galactica Gets The Greenlight
    Posted on 01/19/04

Today the Vancouver based "Teamsters Local Union 155" updated their website and listed a production office for Battlestar Galactica Season 1. No studio location was given but it's rumored that the Battlestar series will use the same studio as the mini-series Vancouver Film Studio's (VFS). Production is expected to start in February. No official announcement has been made by Sci-Fi Channel; but expect one very shortly.

2. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    Let's hope it last longer than Tremors or the original B.G. series for that matter.
    This show wont get me to tune into Sci Fi again.

3. Michael St. Clair

Ooh, I need to head over to some BSG fanboy forums to hear the screams of injustice. [​IMG]

4. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Feldergarb! [​IMG]

Actually it wasn't that bad, if you think of it as a totally different BSG.

5. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

I believe i read that while it's ago sci-fi has only ordered up 5 episodes they are gonna have to do well for them order up a complete season.

6. Lance Nichols

Lance Nichols Supporting Actor

I don't know why Sci-Fi does this. They order up a half season or so of a show, then dump it. They are the ONLY station that is sci-fi oriented (at least in the US, as I understand it).

Run a whole year, if a show does not catch on, send it to disc then. It should then re-coup most of it's costs based on the fans that held on for the year. Common, they hold a captive market for Pete's sake. Make a good show, back it with out any "if ands or may-bes" and we will watch it.

This goes for a re-imaged BSG, or any other sci-fi show.

7. NickT

NickT Stunt Coordinator

Nick
    This is good news. I was hoping that they would continue it. Hopefully, even if it doesn't go to far, they can wrap up the story and not have it end in a cliffhanger ending like the mini series did.

8. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

This is called "being free with someone else's money". Sci-Fi's original programming budget is not terribly high, so they tend to spend it on sure things (Stargate, with its established track record) or cheap ones (how much can Codename: Enternity be costing them?).

9. Michael Harris

Michael Harris Screenwriter

If their initial commitment is to a small number of episodes they should film a series wrap up now and keep it in the can for when its cancelled that way it will be "complete" when its dumped to disc.

Personally I hope it succeeds as I enjoyed the "mini-series" (AKA long two part movie).

10. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Had they simply come up with a new name for their completely different movie (which was the only thing worth watching on that channel these days), they'd probably have a hit on their hands. The movie was pretty good, but changed the scenario in completely arbitrary ways that did nothing other than offend fans of the original (especially the ending!).

11. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

Didn't the movie do really well for them? If that is the case, if they didn't have a recognizable name, would it actually have done better, or worse?