What's new

Battlestar a go (1 Viewer)

RickGr

Second Unit
Hollywood North Report

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Battlestar Galactica Gets The Greenlight
Posted on 01/19/04

Today the Vancouver based "Teamsters Local Union 155" updated their website and listed a production office for Battlestar Galactica Season 1. No studio location was given but it's rumored that the Battlestar series will use the same studio as the mini-series Vancouver Film Studio's (VFS). Production is expected to start in February. No official announcement has been made by Sci-Fi Channel; but expect one very shortly.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Let's hope it last longer than Tremors or the original B.G. series for that matter.
This show wont get me to tune into Sci Fi again.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Feldergarb! :D

Actually it wasn't that bad, if you think of it as a totally different BSG.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I believe i read that while it's ago sci-fi has only ordered up 5 episodes they are gonna have to do well for them order up a complete season.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
I don't know why Sci-Fi does this. They order up a half season or so of a show, then dump it. They are the ONLY station that is sci-fi oriented (at least in the US, as I understand it).

Run a whole year, if a show does not catch on, send it to disc then. It should then re-coup most of it's costs based on the fans that held on for the year. Common, they hold a captive market for Pete's sake. Make a good show, back it with out any "if ands or may-bes" and we will watch it.

This goes for a re-imaged BSG, or any other sci-fi show.

NickT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
This is good news. I was hoping that they would continue it. Hopefully, even if it doesn't go to far, they can wrap up the story and not have it end in a cliffhanger ending like the mini series did.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
This is called "being free with someone else's money". Sci-Fi's original programming budget is not terribly high, so they tend to spend it on sure things (Stargate, with its established track record) or cheap ones (how much can Codename: Enternity be costing them?).

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
If their initial commitment is to a small number of episodes they should film a series wrap up now and keep it in the can for when its cancelled that way it will be "complete" when its dumped to disc.

Personally I hope it succeeds as I enjoyed the "mini-series" (AKA long two part movie).

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Had they simply come up with a new name for their completely different movie (which was the only thing worth watching on that channel these days), they'd probably have a hit on their hands. The movie was pretty good, but changed the scenario in completely arbitrary ways that did nothing other than offend fans of the original (especially the ending!).

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Didn't the movie do really well for them? If that is the case, if they didn't have a recognizable name, would it actually have done better, or worse?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks