What's new

Battlefield 2 demo out this week! (1 Viewer)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Its slated for Friday, June 10th. Word on the street is that it will be multiplayer with more than one map.

For current information you can check out www.bf2gaming.net

Personally, I can't wait for this and the reviews are saying BF2 is fantastic. The game should be released sometime at the end of June.

Hope to see some of you out there :)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Demo is out!

Check gamespy for download or download.com

We'll be hosting it at Wolf for the public soon, I'm at 93% download :)

I'll update when its available

Kain_C

Screenwriter
I am a HUGE BF fan. I played the original in demo mode back when the Wake Island hack was out. I didn't get Secret Weapons because I felt Road to Rome was severly lacking and I didn't like the ridiculous scifi-ish tones the rocket pack provided. I bought BF:Vietnam, which I thoroughly enjoyed for it's immersion and fun factor. I know alot of people didn't like it.

I downloaded the demo and wow! It's great! Anyone who is familiar with Desert Combat will definitely feel some Deja Vu, but the better graphics and increased gameplay make it more than just an upgrade. I like how there are more options for vehicles, such as afterburners and countermeasures on jets. I can't wait for it.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Really pissing me off, when i put in my email and password it tells me they are not right.... when i get my password sent to my email.... its the password i used =(

I cant play

Mike Fassler

Supporting Actor
the demo is fun, althou a little buggy still, the gameplay is great and it runs super good on high resolutions for me. the ingame VOIP is a nice touch as well, good to see another game other than counterstrike to offer this.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Posten, I had the EXACT same problem. You should be able to just start a new user name thing. I did.

I do really hate how easy it is to TK and be TKed. Alot of 'auto accidents'. If you just nudge a car or vice versa, you die just like that.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Yep, like a typical EA battlefield release there's a zillion bugs. Have any of you seen the red tag bug yet? Its when a soldier will come up with the red tag but he's in fact a friendly and you get a teamkill. And it doesn't look like no accident as your chasing him and mowing him down....

Hopefully EA will have a patch out soon after release.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I've been playing the demo for a bit now. So far I'm pretty happy with it and won't cancel my preorder.

I did find one neat bug; when you get killed you respawn right where you got killed and in the same position you were in.

I run the following and do just fine in 800x600x75Hz but I really want to crank the resolution up to see if it looks any better.

- Windows XP Home
- AMD Athlon XP 2200+
- ATI Radeon 9200/128Mb/4xAGP
- 512Mb cheap memory (PC2100)

Do you think that a new Video card and 1Gb of good memory would help out with wanting to crank up the resolution above 1024x768x75Hz and still keep a good frame rate?

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Yeah, the BF2 engine is actually quite forgiving. The game takes on new life with higher resolutions and settings, I haven't seen the lower settings myself but many are saying its a night and day comparison.

A great bang for your buck card is the 6600 GT and a fair price is linked below.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814122206

The game is a memory hog as well and 1 gig is a must. Since your using PC 2100 I would max out your memory if at all possible.

For more information, check our BF2 forums

http://wolfgaming.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=25

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Hey guys I'd like to invite fellow HTF users over to our gaming community and BF2 server. Our forums are located at www.ninjaserve.org and our BF2 server is 66.235.160.38. We also have a teamspeak voice server setup and that IP is 63.85.17.90:8767.

Hope to see you all on there sometime. :D

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Bah, Stryker, you beat me to the pimp. :D

Actually, I sometimes check your kicked and banned forums at Ninjaserve to see which Smacktards can be added to our ban list. I don't know how long you've been at Ninja for but I can't help stop laughing when I think about poor Bupo. He visited you guys first last fall (I belive he got his own "tard of the year" thread in your forums) and then some months later payed us a visit trying wondering why he couldn't join the Forgotten Hope server.

Anyhoo, I'll see you out there!

Ike

Screenwriter
The demo crashes my computer anytime I try to join a game, single player or multiplayer. I hear the Window's error noise, and then it gives me the load screen until I power my PC down. Any ideas what this could be?

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
It could be a few different things.

Check some BF2 tech forums, theres a ton out there and if you click on the link I have above you'll see one.

What kind of video card you have? The older but still popular GeForce 4 Ti/Mx series cards are not supported...

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
yep.

Whats your other pc specs?

You got XP Service Pack 2 installed? Some have had problems with crashing upon loading and installing SP2 sometimes helps.

Also, try the 5.1 drivers for your card, seems many ATI drivers are troublesome but the 5.1 work for many.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks