What's new

Battlefield 1942: Vietnam (1 Viewer)

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I just watched the movie for this and boy am I excited! Those Huey's lifting off along with the music give me goose bumps. :D I am definitely purchasing this when it hits the stores.

It's a good time to be playing "Battlefield 1942" what with "BF 1942: Vietnam" to hit the stores on March 17th and then the uber cool 1942 mod "Star Wars: Galactic Conquest" due out on March 12th.

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
oh god......... im so so looking forward to this game.
Ive watched the video half a dozen times. mmmmmm napalm

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Yeah the Napalm looks lagtastic ;)

Can't wait, just a few more days!

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
Man, I LOVE BF:1942 and I absolutly can not wait for BF:V. We even have a countdown on one of the whiteboards at work! Only two days to go...

The videos they've released so far look fantastic!

-Marshall

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
The Napalm will hit the fan tomorrow!

DId ya hear Did ya hear...... you will be able to have custom Mp3 soundtracks while driving a la GTA. Better get your CCR and Jimi ready.

Scott_W

Stunt Coordinator
This guy isn't to happy with the game: http://opa-ages.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6077

Impressions at Gonegold seem more favorable though. I can't decide about Vietnam. WWII just seems to make a better game. Politics aren't as murky, and the opposing sides seems to match up better in WWII.

I may wait for the first couple of patches though. BF1942 need a few patches to get really good.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Thanks for the link Scott. Seems like some people just don't know how to have fun with a game. Sure, there's imperfections and games will always have these. If all guy's like this are going to do is nit pick the bad elements and post it on the web so everyone can say "wow that game really sucks", then thats fine.

And by the way, I have already talked to Wolf members that have the game and a beta tester for BF Vietnam and it got 2 thumbs up. Sure, its not a new concept like BF1942 was but they said it was a pile of fun nonetheless.

I see UTK24 fan boy written all over him. If you like to do the bunny dance all over the place and like looking at garden variety eye candy, then yeah, this game is for you.

Now here's some favorable reviews. (excuse the writer for not axing the game)

Gamespy review

UK PC Gamer review

Scott_W

Stunt Coordinator
The comments were definitely biased, but it helped whet my appetite for information on the game. The GoneGold thread is a bit better: http://www.gonegold.com/ubb/ultimate...c;f=2;t=016268

BF: Vietnam will have more to prove then BF1942, since its a sequel. I bet it will have a bunch of bugs, but more polish then BF1942's first release. I'm learning towards it now. Its sad in a way, but I'm looking forward to the music as much as the game :).

Anyone know what songs are included in the bonus CD you get for preordering at EB (and maybe other places?)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks