What's new

Battlefield 1942 Road to Rome expansion pack (1 Viewer)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Well it was shipped yesterday, Feb. 4. I called my store and they won't have any until the 6th. D'oh!! I can't wait though!! Any other BF players planning to get it?

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I plan to. Speaking of which I was going to post about getting a game setup with all HTF'ers. Anyone interested in getting a game together? Been playing quite a bit lately and the game is a blast but a bit impersonal playing with a bunch of strangers. So what say you gang?

Adan.S

Auditioning
I can't wait either. I preordered mine from Gamestop but I haven't gotten the call that they are in stock yet. Fry's Electronics in Dallas says they will have them tomorrow by noon. I checked on the Gamestop website and they already have them as "backordered". My brother in law in Austin said their local Gamestop f***ed up and wasn't even able to fill the preorders they had taken. I'll give Gamestop until noon tomorrow before going to get it at Fry's. See you on the battlefield! btw what is your callsign? Mine is Insomniackk. :D

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Haven't pre-ordered it yet, but it's on the list of games I'm getting with my first paycheck next week. :)

The new 1.3 patch (which came out yesterday or the day before) made the game PERFECT for me. So now I'm ready for some new maps!

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Chris...your not having any of the sound issues that many others are having with the 1.3 patch? My sounds are all garbled now, theres popping and clicking noises in the background...hopefully EA/Dice fix this asap.

Romier, I'm 100% interested. What server could we play on? If anyone wants to join the gaming community I'm in feel free. We're not a clan, just a bunch of gaming fanatics. Theres no schedule or anything...its quite casual. Its worth checking out I'm sure

www.wolfservers.com

go to the forum area. I think you might like it...I played on public servers for the first month I had the game and damn near gave up playing. Wolf brought it all to the next level.

Now all we need to hear from is Dave Sabo. He's in the narchist clan and sometimes I drop in and say hi, but everytime I do it seems their playing Midway and I can't stand that map.

R

RossTerry

i picked it up today after work at the EB in the mall

played 3 of the maps so far...

nice addition to an already fun game

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Michael,

Nope. No issues whatsoever with the patch, and thats WITH an SB Live card installed, and hardware accelration enabled on it.

BUT... I did do a fresh install of the game, prior to installing the 1.3 patch. Maybe that made a difference, I don't know.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
Michael,

I just installed the patch and I'm getting the clicking and popping noises your describing. I use a SB Audigy. I went to Creative's site and saw that they updated the drivers for it on 12/31/2002. I downloaded it, but haven't tried it, I'll post here if it fixes it.

Update: I installed the new drivers and it did help, but there are still pops. I has to be on the game's end. Not that Creative's drivers are anything to right home about though.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Chris...no sound issues with 1.3 and a SB live? Go buy a lottery ticket!! Today's your lucky day :)It is to be expected that many may have sound issues with 1.3 patch. There is also a "wall Hack" available with this patch. Basicly, someone at Ea/Dice fell asleep at the wheel and left the "client prediction status" in the game for all to access. Aparently their fixing it and hopefully they fix the sound issues too with the upcoming patch. Currently, I"m still playing with 1.2 until they fix this problem. Even the clan battles (like I said Wolfservers is not a clan but some of us are going to try out a few clan matches) are playing with 1.2 instead of 1.3. A huge f*ck up on the developers end, especially with Road to Rome being out. However, I do have 1.3 and will reinstall it...I just did a fresh install too so maybe it will help.

Anyhoo, I'm going to pick up my copy of Road to Rome today...I can hardly wait!!

callsign: [WOLF] Kitlope

R

RossTerry

i think the 1.3 patch and RTR have made me a better player...

ive been dominating lately

im usually in the top 10 and have been top 3 multiple times with a few #1 rankings

this is all on large public servers with 40+ people

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
I will be playing all night tonight (after 5pm EST).

I have a GameVoice dedicated server running at 64.7.14.198:59110. You can get the free client (GameVoice Share 1.5) at http://www.gamevoice.com/Download/ga...t=146&Page=148

Getting a group together and using voice chat during the game makes it very fun. Its easy to dominate that way. Plus it is much easier to coordinate server changes when you can just tell everyone "Let change to server xxxxx"!

If you guys want to play, let me know. I usually stick to the EA servers. Been playing alot of Iwo Jima and Stalingrad lately. Gonna get the expansion pack today, so if you all have that we can try some new maps.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Jeff, I tried d/l the gamevoice and when i went to install it gave me a error :frowning: I tried it 3 times to no luck.

I got RtoR and must say the details are awesome. Too bad the audio is messed up cause theres lots more background noises. Thunder, birds, crickets..its quite eerie getting in a big battle with explosions and then it gets all quiet and you hear nothing but crickets. Stellar!! I have to add in though that my sound almost seems to fix itself...yesterday when playing it was bad at the beginning but seemed to almost corrected itself. It wasn't fixed completly but it wasn't so noticeable.

Heres the ip to Hydra. 195.169.212.216. We could all play on there perhaps. Its a European server that was just upgraded from 20 to 32 players. The pings aren't the best ( I usually ping at 150) but I can guarentee you some of the best games you will have for the admins don't take shit. We boot people that dont want to play as a team. No smacktards here. Sometimes its locked but when an admin is present it's usually unlocked (all you have to do to play on the locked server is become a member and get the password). Currently, we're running nothing but Road to Rome maps but will put them in normal rotation with the original maps in a day or two. We also use teamspeak so we do lots of coordinated attacks.

I invite you all to come check it out.

We also have BBW thats based in USA so the pings are better but unfortenetly its not open to the public as often. Heres the ip:216.54.160.17

Be sure to bookmark these for future reference :)

As for patch info, they have 1.31 coming out that addresses the wall hack . No sound fixes on it but apparntly EA/Dice are working on it.

And now I'm off to play some BF!!

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I bounce between Hydra and BigbadWolf(BBW). They have road to rome on right now....ip is 216.54.160.15. I'll be on that tonight and on the weekend...its open to the public all weekend. I'll also be on Hydra once in a while.

Jeff, whats your online playing name? I can add you to my ASE list like I did Dave Sabo.

My msn messenger is [email protected]

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Here's a question:

I just bought the R2R expansion... I'm reinstalling BF1942 to make sure things go smoothly...

Now, does R2R come with the 1.3 patch? Or do I install the pacth after I install both? Or after BF1942, but before R2R?

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Road to Rome does not come with the patch. It has the 1.25 patch. You can download the 1.3 here Install RtR and then the patch. If you have sound issues, don't be surprised.

Also, I'll be playing on these servers I mentioned in previous posts again today.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Thanks Michael. I ended up seeing that R2R came with the 1.25 patch. So I did BF1942, R@R, and then the 1.3 patch.

And even with hardware acceleration enabled, I'm not having and sound issues. Maybe a clean install of BF1942 and the expansion and patch makes a difference?

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Yeah that might be one of the tricks. Or your just lucky. My sound issues are not so bad now, it seems worse when I first start playing but then sort of corrects itself. Its far from 100% though, Ea/Dice defintely need to clean things up.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
For anyone still having sound issues with 1.3 or Road to Rome there is an unofficial fix for the problem:

To get perfect sounds using 1.3 (if you have problems with sound), try this:

Edit your file modsbf1942settingsDefault.con.

Look for this section:

rem Do _not_ change these unless you know exactly what you're doing.
rem Ie. Do not change these. Vec order is lo/med/hi and 16/24/32
Sound.soundStreamUpdateFrequency 20
Sound.soundBufferCacheSize 100
Sound.reserve2dMonoChans 4/4/4
Sound.reserve2dStereoChans 2/2/2
Sound.relaxHwReservations 0/0/0

Change "Sound.soundBufferCacheSize 100" to "Sound.soundBufferCacheSize 150"

Save, restart bf1942 and see if your sound improved. Hopefully this isn't a fluke for me and it works for everyone else. If it doesn't work, try different values. (ie increase the value up by 50 or 100 at a time until you find the value that corrects the sound for you).

EDIt: Please be aware this is unofficial and I have not yet tried it on my system (will be when I get home) but apparently this is working great for many folks out there who are now playing with perfect sound in game. Give it a whirl.

Dave Sabo

Stunt Coordinator
For you all looking for a good running server with no smacktards... come to our clan server. P4-2.4ghz w/1gig memory on a OC-3 backbone :emoji_thumbsup:

--{A}--narchists Clan , IP is 206.152.227.46

Say hi to The_Target--{A}-- while you're there, that's me :D

We have a bunch of admins to filter out the idiots, we don't tolerate them. We're running RtR with 1.3 patch.
If you need any more info visit http://www.anarchists-clan.com/

Just note, our scheduled matches are Thursday 9:30pm EST and Sunday 9:00pm EST, so the server is passworded during those times and unavailable to public. Otherwise it's up 24/7.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks