What's new

Battlefield 1942 (PC) = Simply Amazing (1 Viewer)

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
My totally redone, superbly advanced Best Buy has a section of Alien[ware]s and me and some buds were there playing on servers for about 2 hours just loitering :), then we went to one of there interactive home theaters (they had my Klip. SF-1s as mains!!) and blasted BET in high def and left.

Battlefield is just simply awesome, I guess on 50% difficulty the AI when close to an enemy is very simple, as I was knifing everyone and anyone. I had lots of fun but could not fly the damn plane at Battle of the Bulge (was it Bulge or the other Battle of the..)? I kept crashing in the water. I was playing on a 22" luscious monitor! DD via coaxial connection and man it was good times.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
First you dont know how wonderful Battlefield is until you've played online on a nice full 32-64 person server and secondly you REALLY don't know how good things are until you install Desert Combat!

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Everything Romier just said is the honest truth.

BF9142 and especially Desert Combat have set my personal expectations for online gaming to an entirely new level. The combined arms feeling is spectacular.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Guys, I need to get a good computer, my system is a stock (well I upgraded to full potential of garbage 256 SD Ram, and a PCI Geforce 4 MX) Pavillion. I am going to save up 600, as my friend is a Russian, a genius who will probobly someday take over the world, and can build me just as good a computer as any great Alienware.

JimColeman

Agent
Hey guys, what's the draw of DC? I installed one of the earlier versions and it didn't really do much for me. Just the same game but with different uniforms, weapons looked different but performed the same, and unrealistic aircraft.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Yeah the current version of DC is .35 I believe. I tried an earlier version and just couldn't get into it...I stay strictly with original BF.
However I have a hernia from laughing so hard playing other various BF1942 mods, like the GI Joe mod and the kiler commando mod. The map is El Alamein and the axis have flying dragons that poop for bombs and have guns in their claws. The allies have rainbow colored blimps and both teams for all vehicles have monster trucks with a kick ass nitrous pack. Oh man was that ever funny.

heres some screenshots:

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/kitlop...reenShot16.jpg
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/kitlop...reenShot19.jpg
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/kitlop...reenShot27.jpg
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/kitlop...reenShot28.jpg

Darren Davis

Stunt Coordinator
^looks pretty realistic to me:D

Bert, you and the rest have me psyched like a mofo. Oh yes, I will build myself a computer capable of running NORAD (which means I'll have to eventually upgrade for Doom 3 to even think about running it anywhere above .005 fps). Battlefield 1942 looks awesome and I'm glad to see so many people enjoy it.

I em een-vincee-bell!

/boris

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Forget Doom III, Half Life deucer (II) is where it will be at. Download any and all E3 videoes, the physics capabilities.....amazing.

Scott_W

Stunt Coordinator
How good is the Desert Combat mod? It looks like it focuses a lot more on vehicles, then infantry, is that correct?

I've downloaded it, but for some reason, haven't installed it yet...

Yoshi Sugawara

Stunt Coordinator
Desert Combat has updated infantry weapons as well as vehicles. Assault members have an M16/Ak-47, Support members get a shotgun and can place mortar launchers (which can then be used when artillery is called for), anti-tank members get a more accurate RPG and a Stinger missile launcher, and so on. It's a different game, much like BF1942 on steroids - I still like playing the original BF1942 sometimes.

DC needs just a little more balancing, but it's still loads of fun.

And Bert, speaking of $600, my fiance and I just built one for just under $600:

Pentium 4 2.4 GHz/533 FSB
512 MB RAM DDR PC2700
Asus P4PE Motherboard
XFX GeForce4 Ti4200 128 MB DDR RAM AGP
80 GB Western Digital HD
ATX Case w/400 W Power Supply and 2 fans

It was our first time building a computer, and it was surprisingly easy - we also used a CDRW drive from an older computer, as well as the floppy. You could save money by reusing some peripherals.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Awesome Yoshi! I over estimated, I am going to save up $500 and my friend will order the parts for me. :)
Going with AMD Athlon XPs though, spank P4 :).
Thanks though.

-Bert

Leo_P

Second Unit
Just got this game today and it really does rock.:emoji_thumbsup:
I read so much positive stuff on it, I HAD to check it out for myself. I was playing on-line with about 24 other players (with no lag) and it was CRAZY! I never really got into PC gaming but my Xbox and Gamecube are gonna be seeing less of me thanks to this game.:D

Joel Hurley

Stunt Coordinator
-Welcome Private Leo_P,

-You have just joined the most addictive online armed forces!

-I just upgraded my PC to Windows XP and installed An Audiology 2 Platnium (I came across a mis-priced Aud 2 Platnium at Circuit City for only $129,... the sales woman noticed the price was wrong, as it should have been $199, but honored the $129, Ya-hoo). Anyway, I just reinstalled BF and the RTR expansion, and now my favorite game runs even smoother with greater sound! :D

-No online experience matches that of hooking up to a BF game with a 40-60 player server that runs as smooth as silk! Have I mentioned that this is my favorite game?? :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks