What's new

Battlefield 1942 1.6 patch out! (1 Viewer)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
:D

Includes 2 new maps, The Canadian Army, Punkbuster support and it seems they have finally fixed the chat lag issue.

Download available from many sites. If you have 1.5 already just get the 1.6 incremental (approx 139 MB). If you don't and need a full install of the patche, get the 1.6 full (approx. 255 MB)

Anybody need a decent community for information and BF servers and such check out www.wolfgaming.net

download can be found here www.fileplanet.com among other places.

Happy gaming :)

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
Some fixes seem kinda neat.

im gonna wait for a day or two with this one, Ive spent the past hour on Gamespy chatting. Alot of people dont like it and supposedly you cant play DC with the new patch..... :frowning:

give it a couple days and it should be good.:D :emoji_thumbsup:

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy

I understand the DC fan boys not liking it if they can't play it and other mod compatibility issues...but whats not to like? Its fixed chat lag and people can't cheat now like they could...Oh, hang on....I think I know why some don't like it...

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
It's like a whole new game. The interface is much more streamlined and fast. I like how when you bring up the lowest ping on the server list it doesn't take forever, it's instant. I'm glad they finally integrated Punkbuster, it won't stop all the cheaters, but the it will eliminate most of the "casual" ones.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I agree Travis. I have been playing this game religiously since it was first released and this patch has breathed a lot of new life into it. I really don't think anybody can shit on EA/Dice after this, unlike many other patches.

I still think though the B17 could take more damage...how come in Battle of Britain it takes forever to shoot down a JU88 but while in a B17...I have been shot down in a second by a fighter. There's lots of little things like this....but overall its a great patch.

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
ah.... I see why the people dont like it. You cant cheat. But you know, every single game Ive ever played, i have never seen evidence of cheating. 'cept spawn killing but thats not horrible.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I upgraded last night but haven't had a chance to play it yet. I'd be disapointed if it didn't work with DC yet but I suspect there will be a fix for that.

Overall I didn't notice any cheating(or perhaps didn't know) but what drives me nuts is Tk'ing but I guess that's realistic.

Edit: It works with DC but the scoreboard doesn't work. You need to visit the forums on desercombat.com and download the fix for that.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Yep just read about that on the DC forums. The FH mod also suffers the same.

Seems it takes more time to fix things with an engineer, they must have lowered the amount of "fixing power". I know a lot of die hard Engies are not too impressed.

Servers continually crash now. It seems to be affecting many clans/communities. Crashing has been more frequent the last couple months but its really bad now.

I like the new map and the Johnson will take some getting used to.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
How does Punkbuster work? Does it scan the Main dir for obscure files or take random screenshots of the proposed hacker's screen?

I wish the MOH crowd received the same patch support as BF1942! :angry: :D We are still dealing with noobs throwing out cheat accusations left and right, and the experienced player being wary of people who move like a 12-yr old but shoot with extreme precision. :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks