Battle Royale II: Any News?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Michael Hall, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Michael Hall

Michael Hall Stunt Coordinator

My apologies if this is the wrong place to ask about this, so if it needs to be moved to another forum, I understand.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone had heard of a region free, NTSC release of "Battle Royale II" with English subtitles as yet. I know that Japan is getting their first version of the disc this month, but had heard nothing on a release similar to the 2-disc Starmax DTS version of the first film for those of us who live in the US, can only see NTSC, and need subtitles. I'm really looking forward to seeing this film (as the first one gets better and better every time I watch it), and was curious if there had been any news on an easier way for us Americans to see it.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has any info to share with me. [​IMG]

2. Matt Czyz

Matt Czyz Supporting Actor

I read in various places that a BRII: Special Edition is in the works too. What's to be in it (probably more blood'n'stuff) is anyone's guess at this point.

Just keep your eye on http://www.battleroyalefilm.com/

3. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

Tartan has the rights to BR2 in the UK... and they are releasing a disc late summer/early fall of next year (hopefully a subbed/NTSC version of the Japanese SE [​IMG] ).

Hopefully there is a HK/Korean version before that with english subs. [​IMG]