What's new

Battle Royale 2 region 0 out yet? (1 Viewer)

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Hello all,
I was just wondering if there has been a region 0 NTSC version of BR2 released yet. Of course I'd like to rent one first and decide if I want to own it. Thanks in advance,
Marty.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I have the R3 from Universe and it's a pretty good disk. Decent image and for the most part the English subs are good. The movie was also better than I thought it would be after seeing all the negative reviews....

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
I don't see an R0 in the future unless Tartan (UK) decide to do an NTSC R0 like they did for the first movie.

No rights were sold to the U.S. and they pretty much split up the rest of the world selling rights left and right (Russia etc etc)

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Thanks for the feedback guys. I recently noticed that www.hkflix.com has a region 3 2-Disk version on sale for $15.95 US.
Chris, is that the same version you own? If so, I'm going to strongly consider that as I have a region-free player at my disposal.:D

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
You should get it. It's anamorphic and DTS plus the second disc Extras have English subtitles. The only thing an eventually Korean release will buy you is, maybe, a Region code of 0.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Yeah the one HKflix is the one I got, I got mine from dddhouse.com for something like 9 bucks! And it was nice having the English subs on the extras.

Ronn.W

Second Unit
I've got the BR2 2 disc coming from dddhouse.com as I write this. Wish it would hurry up already! Also paid about $9-10 for it, not a bad deal for a 2 disc set w/ DTS sound! Can't wait to get it. DDDHouse is probably the best etailer I've found for asian movies. HKFlix isn't bad, don't get me wrong, but I've got 11 movies coming for about what it would cost to buy 3-4 of those same movies from HKFlix.com

I've heard murmurs that Tartan isn't going to release a version of this movie, which would mean little hope for an R0 release. Just murmurs though, so it really doesn't mean anything.

VincentK

Grip
my only beef with the disc (other than my disappointment in the movie) is that it (like just about every hk dvd i've ever watched) has been incorrectly flagged as video and appears to have been converted from a pal source. this is really noticeable in thebeach landing scenes where there is a lot of water. the motion looked terrible!

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
The HK R3 DVD is not convered from a PAL source, it is straight from the Japanese R2 DVD. The video is flagged as interlaced, and not progressive (the Japanese R2 DVD is flagged progressive). Thus the "zig-zaggy" lines involving scenes with lots of motion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks