What's new

Battle Royal DTS-Check it out! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Dragon Ash is an amazing Japanese band that does the end-credits song for Battle Royale (it's from their album Lily da Valley). They are a hip hop/rock/punk/folk fusion, incredible stuff
Unfortunately the DVDs they have out are only stereo
http://www.dragonash.co.jp (there is an English section)
Jeff Kleist

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Just a followup
It really is Region 3. Just for those that weren't sure if it was Region 0 and mislabeled.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Just got the DVD today. I used my DVD-ROM player and DVD Genie to play it (as it is indeed region 3). A great film and I'm happy that I finally got to see it (I've always wanted to get the VCD).
The video quality was decent (1.78:1 windowboxed at 1.85:1 non-anamorphic widescreen). The video was soft and I noticed quite a bit of edge enhancement and compression artifacts. The Dolby Digital 5.1 track was great and was really put to use during the action sequences (too bad I can't play DTS on my computer, I would've loved to hear what that sounded like). The only extras are a theatrical trailer (which is pretty damn good), a bonus trailer for another film (I have no idea what the hell that trailer was advertising), and a biography on Beat Takeshi.
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
What the heck does that mean?
The film is in 1.78:1 in a 1.85:1 frame (as there's small black bars on the side of the screen).
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks