Battle of Britain Gold Edition R4, what's the difference?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by colin.w, Jul 17, 2005.

1. colin.w

colin.w Extra

I was just thinking of ordering the two disc version of Battle of Britain from EZYDVD when I noticed there is a 'Gold Edition' coming out soon. There's no information other than it is also 2 disks and that it is 'slightly' cheaper. Does anybody know if there are any changes? That would make it the third version in Australia.

Thanks
    Col.

2. Malcolm Cleugh

Malcolm Cleugh Second Unit

Colin not sure where you live but the 2 disk SE is now only around GBP7 in the UK (can also pick up Bridge to Far at same price) so less than from EzyDVD.
    Is only £6.66 + postage from Amazon.co.uk and they ship worldwide. If UK based try Choices Direct same price but includes UK postage.

3. colin.w

colin.w Extra

Thanks for the info. I'm based in the USA so I'll have to take a look at the exchange rate to see which ones cheaper. Shipping from Amazon adds a bit but then they do subtract the VAT. Hmmmm In fact I can either do that now or go back to work...... Amazon UK here I come.

Col.

I still would like to know what the difference is between the Gold Edition and the Special Edition.

4. Steven_T

Steven_T Auditioning

the difference is simply the packaging. MGM titles in Australia were previously released by 20th Century Fox who have since lost distribution to Sony. The new "Gold Editions" are Sony's promotion for MGM titles and have horrible covers!!

only a few of the new gold editions differ.... Get Shorty is one, but the others are mostly re-releases of previous special editions in gold packaging and at a reduced price.

Hope this helps [​IMG]

5. colin.w

colin.w Extra

Steven:

Thanks that helps a lot and is good to know. I'd forgotten all about the MGM takeover and now it makes sense. You're certainly right about how bad the covers are.

Col.