What's new

Batteries (1 Viewer)

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I think you want an electrical engineer! :)

I think that is Milli(as in millionth of an) Amp Hours. I've been using rechargable batteries for years, and they don't work so hot on devices that require a high load (like a motor). The regular ones usually last me about a year in my remotes. Maybe the higher ones would work better in a CD player.

Glenn

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The mAH rating is the capacity of the battery. The higher the mAH rating the greater the capacity. A 2300 mAH battery will run a remote for a longer period of time than a 750 mAH battery. A remote control would not be damaged by using a higher capacity battery because the remote control draws a fixed amount of current. For example, if the remote draws 10 mA current the battery will only supply 10 mA regardless of whether it is a 750 mAH battery or a 2300 mAH battery. The only result is that the 2300 mAH battery would not need to be recharged as often as the smaller battery.

The important thing is the voltage rating of the battery. The voltage rating of the high capacity batteries has to be the same as the ones currently being used in the device. For example, if your device uses 1.5V batteries then the 2300 mAH replacements also have to be 1.5V batteries.

Fred Seger

Stunt Coordinator
Actually mAH is a thousandth of an AH not a millionth. And most consuumer battires aaa,aa,c,d run at 1.2v per cell regarless of composition (li-on, nimh, alkaline etc). As explained above, mAH will tell you how long it will run at certain current. Generaly the higher the rating, the longer it will run a device.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks