What's new

Batman Vs. Dracula (animated): Well viewers, what did you think!?!? (1 Viewer)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Watched it twice with my son and daughter, and first at 3 and 4 I think it was a bit much for them, but my son loves it (that's my boy :D ). I enjoyed it, good story and I think an unrated version would be great here. Sound had some real bass extension and some surrounds but not overwhelming. Anyway great movie A+ for me, so what does any other viewer think of it?

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
im not sold on the whole "the" batman idea it needed some major plot and acting pointers.
it in no way stands up to the mask of the phantasam or return of the joker.
Its way to dumbed down and lacking in adult content

Timothy Alexander

Second Unit
I thought it was pretty damn good. Waaaaay better than I ever expected. I never watch the series on WB so I had to get used to the new character designs and voices for everybody but may have to start if every episode is like this movie. Animation was pretty decent also, especially with the hand to hand combat between Joker and Batman.

Also was shocked by how disturbing it became:
Especially, the scene where Batman shoots all the viles of blood that then rains down on Vamp Joker who then precedes to lap it up off the floor. I was like "Whoa."

Movie is definitely not for every kid out there.

Jim Smith

Stunt Coordinator

Gonna have to agree. This movie was better then anything else but I am still apprehensive on The Batman. I dislike the animation and the new villians look. This was better but I still greatly prefer the animated series.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
I recorded this off the Cartoon Network over the weekend. Does anyone know if anything was cut for the broadcast?

Dan Stone

Stunt Coordinator
My son asked me to watch this with him on Cartoon Network Friday night and I was very pleasantly surprised. I thought the animation and story quality were quite a bit above average, and could easily see them making this story into a live action film IMHO (although I'm guessing that probably won't happen).

Jim Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Vampires are no stranger the Batman franchise. Several Batman comics featured him fighting vampires. The orginal animated series had plans to include vampires but thanks to dumbass censors they were not allowed to show what vampires do in all there glory for Saturday Morning. You can see evidence of this in the Spider-Man series which featured lots of vampires but not one neck bit. Ultimatly the concept was abandoned. As glad as I am to see a Batman movie with Vampires I really wish it had been the Brue Timm crew. I am sure if they had tackled this project we would have a movie on the level of Return of the Joker. "The Batman" creaters did a fair job but it kind of leaves some desiring thinking about what it could have been.

Ed Speir IV

Stunt Coordinator
Watched it with my seven-year-old daughter last night and we both loved it. I like the new character and Gotham City designs, especially Batman (although I didn't care for Batman's voice - I'm too used to the old voice which was perfection IMO).

Much more adult-oriented than what I was expecting. I have not seen the TV show but it makes me want to check it out....

I will agree that it's not up to par with Mask of the Phantasm or Return of the Joker. The uncut version of Return of the Joker is absolutely fantastic IMO....

Definately worth the $ 15.99 price at Wal-Mart.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Jim,

I too was saddened to learn that Nocturna was supposed to show up in the Batman animated series, but due to a decree of "No Vampires" from Higher Up, her appearance(s) was/were scrapped.

More info here

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks