Batman Vengeance on GCN in DD???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Corey Hancock, Nov 20, 2001.

1. Corey Hancock

Corey Hancock Stunt Coordinator

Hey everyone. We all know that the GameCube can't to Dolby Digital 5.1 due to no digital output, but it can do Dolby Pro Logic 2. Well, I was at TRU looking at their games and ran across the new Batman Vengeance game for the Cube and on the back it has the Dolby Digital logo and it says that the game is in 5.1 surround. Ok, well I went over to ebgames to see what their site said and here is a link with the features of the game: http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categorie...p?pf_id=212560
    It says, Dolby Surround 5.1 Sound featuring original music inspired by the television series.
    Now I am just guessing, but is this Dolby Pro Logic 2, and if so why does the box state Dolby Digital. Just curious.
    Corey

2. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

If you bought the Star Wars Episode 1 VHS tape to tide you over until the DVD release, go check it - that said Dolby Digital as well, even though it was quite clearly analogue Dolby Surround. It seems that Dolby is a bit too enthusiastic about the 'Digital' tag. I'd expect the same here.

3. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

Indeed, Iain, but the 5.1 mention is interesting. I'd suggest it were a direct conversion (read missprint) from the PS2 game, though I don't believe that version has DD 5.1 does it?

Dan (UK)

4. PouyaG

PouyaG Agent

hmmm...I may be able to answer this for you guys...just not now, my neighbor is sleeping [​IMG]
    The PS2 version does support DD 5.1 for the cut-scenes from what I have read (like Bouncer, MGS2, Klonoa).
    Now, I have a GC as well as PS2...and an Onkyo 676...but since the GC only has analog outs..I dunno how I would get DD 5.1....even though it's hooked up directly to the Onkyo. I'll grab the game and test it out [​IMG]

5. PouyaG

PouyaG Agent

Sorry for the delay. Still haven't been able to test it out.