Batman The Complete TV Series Limited Edition (11/11)(Blu-ray)(DVD) Available for Preorder

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
Bob Furmanek said:
Just an FYI, the bootleg sets have been edited and manipulated.

For instance, the show never opened with an ABC in Color logo and not every episode had the Next Week promo at the end.

On this restoration, you're seeing what is on the original 35mm elements.
Thanks, Bob, for sharing. By the way, what was the contribution you gave to the set now that the series is out for sale? Was it the piece with the James Blakely tribute? I'm curious.

Reactions: moviebuff75

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
moviebuff75 said:
I'm entitled to my opinion regardless. I'm not being negative. I'm being honest. Forgive me for letting others know about this, so that they can make their own decisions. But I guess you can't speak out about anything when it has to do with WB here....until it happens to something you love. It's an expensive set...they promised COMPLETE/UNCUT.
I believe the issue is that you haven't let others know. You're reacting to what others have posted as information and using as your rationale for not buying the set. Let others who bought it experience it and draw their own conclusions.

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
Wow, am I sleepy at work today from staying up much too late watching Batman in incredible hi-def! Projected at 110" it looks very much like film to me - I love it!

In the first episode during the cake sequence, I am pretty sure that scrim in the background is from The King and I, and I'd be willing to bet that the pastoral scene visible through the window of the Wayne study is from The Sound of Music. All the details now visible are so much fun! I almost called in sick today to keep watching (but I need to keep my job to pay for all the great stuff that is coming out!)

Bob Furmanek

Producer
Insider
Real Name
Bob
Greg Chenoweth said:
Thanks, Bob, for sharing. By the way, what was the contribution you gave to the set now that the series is out for sale? Was it the piece with the James Blakely tribute? I'm curious.
Sure thing, Greg. I provided some early promos announcing the show before it aired, circa December 1965.

Unfortunately, there were issues with clearance and it couldn't be used.

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Senior HTF Member
moviebuff75 said:
I'm entitled to my opinion regardless. I'm not being negative. I'm being honest. Forgive me for letting others know about this, so that they can make their own decisions. But I guess you can't speak out about anything when it has to do with WB here....until it happens to something you love. It's an expensive set...they promised COMPLETE/UNCUT.
As someone who is ecstatic with the quality of the (mere) two episodes that I've seen, I still want to hear about any omissions. Personally, I fully expected there to be some sort of issues like this and it's unlikely in the extreme that they will have any effect on my overall enjoyment of the set but I still want to hear about them.

Also, I don't think that purchasing a set is a requisite for citing problems with it. It would be one thing if you were critiquing the AV quality sight unseen but reporting an omission doesn't require a purchase.

moviebuff75

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
Thank You, Travis! I would like to take this moment to apologize to everyone. I did some research, and the missing dialogue wasn't there either. I'm so excited about this release, that I jumped the gun and believed someone who seems to be wrong about the missing bit. I will NEVER post something like this again, without first doing research. Many years ago, I taught myself a great deal about dupe footage used for fades, which has saved me a great deal of stress when people mention color shifts at those moments. I should be ashamed of myself right now. I've been a member of this forum for almost 14 years now, and this has changed the way I will post from now on. Please accept my apologies, and enjoy the heck out of the new set!

Jeff*H

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Since I already own a signed Adam West Naked DVD, and the movie on blu-ray, I'm glad to have the premium box set with the 'toys'. I love the Matchbox Batmobile and the little case it comes in, my inner 8-year-old is absolutely thrilled with this, since I've always wanted one since I first saw the show in 70s reruns. The Adam West scrapbook has some wonderful color photos included, lots of great moments captured on film that I've never seen before. The episode guide is a nice touch with some great images as well, and the trading cards are nice to have, too (although I have a complete set that was re-released in full back in 1989 for the Burton film). The box is gorgeous, and I will also put the UV code to good use with the digital HD copies, which will be nice to have when I'm mobile. Of course, the primary reason for getting the set is the episodes themselves, and they are beyond pristine--I've never seen the show look so good, and I've had a taped set (on Beta!) since 1984.

Kudos to WB, Fox and the unsung heroes who all helped make this happen for the fans.

Reactions: Tina_H_V

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Senior HTF Member
moviebuff75 said:
I will NEVER post something like this again, without first doing research...I should be ashamed of myself right now.
No you shouldn't. You reported about a problem that someone noticed and when you found out that you that that report was in error, you said that too. No one likes making a mistake but how you handle it is what's important. :thumbs-up-smiley:

Neil S. Bulk

Screenwriter
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Is anyone else having difficulty with the digital copy? I can get them to play on my tablet in the Flixster app, but they won't play on my TV with the Chromecast, even though the Flixster app supports Chromecast.

And switching to my Roku and going to Flixster that way, I can see that the shows are in my library, but they won't play. The same is true for M-Go on the Roku. Are they not allowing the digital copies to play on a TV?

Neil

GMBurns

Second Unit
Real Name
Glenn
Wow, am I sleepy at work today from staying up much too late watching Batman in incredible hi-def! Projected at 110" it looks very much like film to me - I love it!

In the first episode during the cake sequence, I am pretty sure that scrim in the background is from The King and I, and I'd be willing to bet that the pastoral scene visible through the window of the Wayne study is from The Sound of Music. All the details now visible are so much fun! I almost called in sick today to keep watching (but I need to keep my job to pay for all the great stuff that is coming out!)
I also stayed up late last night watching the first four episodes. They look great and it was a blast to watch them. I'm looking forward to the next two episodes tonight after the kids go to bed. My dvd set arrived yesterday from Import CD, but the digipack plastic was cracked and a few of the discs slid out. I will be returning that, but fortunately, my local WalMart had Season 1 in stock. It's in a black amaray case so I think I will just buy the season sets as they are released. I really don't need any extras at all, it's just so fun to watch the dynamic duo thwart crime in fair Gotham.

Reactions: Tina_H_V and Osato

Jeff*H

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Neil S. Bulk said:
Is anyone else having difficulty with the digital copy? I can get them to play on my tablet in the Flixster app, but they won't play on my TV with the Chromecast, even though the Flixster app supports Chromecast.

And switching to my Roku and going to Flixster that way, I can see that the shows are in my library, but they won't play. The same is true for M-Go on the Roku. Are they not allowing the digital copies to play on a TV?

Neil
The show and episodes themselves also have to be enabled to play on Chromecast, not just the service you're using. At least that has been my experience with Chromecast via Vudu, which allows streaming on Chromecast for many shows and movies but not all. BTW, Vudu doesn't have a redemption page set up yet for the UV code, but they are expecting to have one up and ready this week, so we can stream them on TV in 1080p.

Reactions: Neil S. Bulk

Steve...O

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Eric - no apologies required. Your reporting of these issues is appreciated and the way you conduct yourself on the forum even more so. I've held off from buying this for monetary and packaging recessions and hopefully any major issues, if any, will be identified and fixed by the time I purchase.

JohnMor

Producer
Premium
Real Name
John Moreland
So I spun more eps than I planned to. I hadn't seen the show in decades (not since the 70's). I had forgotten that Anne Baxter played 2 different Villainesses! I always sort of blended Zelda and Olga together in my mind when remembering her teaming up with Egghead. Absolutely loved the Penguin Goes Straight 2-parter. Some truly great dialogue in that one.

Reactions: Osato

Neil S. Bulk

Screenwriter
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Jeff*H said:
The show and episodes themselves also have to be enabled to play on Chromecast, not just the service you're using. At least that has been my experience with Chromecast via Vudu, which allows streaming on Chromecast for many shows and movies but not all. BTW, Vudu doesn't have a redemption page set up yet for the UV code, but they are expecting to have one up and ready this week, so we can stream them on TV in 1080p.
Thank you! I usually use Vudu for all of my UltraViolet viewing, but Batman isn't there. I wish I knew they'd have it in a few days. Entering the redemption code via the Flixster site was a harrowing experience. Vudu makes it simple! I look forward to seeing it there in a few days!

Neil

Reactions: Jeff*H

Jeff*H

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Neil S. Bulk said:
Thank you! I usually use Vudu for all of my UltraViolet viewing, but Batman isn't there. I wish I knew they'd have it in a few days. Entering the redemption code via the Flixster site was a harrowing experience. Vudu makes it simple! I look forward to seeing it there in a few days!

Neil
Yeah, someone on the Vudu forums asked them about the Batman UV redemption (or lack thereof), and a mod replied they were working on it and should have it up this week. For some reason, Vudu is good about having UV redemption pages ready for movies on release day, but for UV tv shows, they always are running behind. Can't wait to redeem it--your Flixster redemption should port over to Vudu once they've enabled it, since it's UV, provided both Flixster and Vudu show it as UV. I have my fingers crossed that Vudu will enable the show for Chromecast (they DON'T have Hawaii Five-O Classic enabled, which is a bummer). I'm also excited that my kids will be able to enjoy BATMAN episodes now while we're on long car trips, via their iPad.

Reactions: Neil S. Bulk

Jeff*H

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
moviebuff75 said:
Thank You, Travis! I would like to take this moment to apologize to everyone. I did some research, and the missing dialogue wasn't there either. I'm so excited about this release, that I jumped the gun and believed someone who seems to be wrong about the missing bit. I will NEVER post something like this again, without first doing research. Many years ago, I taught myself a great deal about dupe footage used for fades, which has saved me a great deal of stress when people mention color shifts at those moments. I should be ashamed of myself right now. I've been a member of this forum for almost 14 years now, and this has changed the way I will post from now on. Please accept my apologies, and enjoy the heck out of the new set!
I appreciate the notes on any imperfections with the set. Over on the WKRP thread (a Complete Series set that I bought last month), the overwhelming majority of us are deeply satisfied with that set despite a few unfortunate music replacement issues. The issues are annoying, it's good to know that they're there, but it doesn't detract much at all from our overall enjoyment of the set. For me, the same applies to this fantastic BATMAN set.

Reactions: moviebuff75

BobO'Link

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
GMBurns said:
I also stayed up late last night watching the first four episodes. They look great and it was a blast to watch them. I'm looking forward to the next two episodes tonight after the kids go to bed. My dvd set arrived yesterday from Import CD, but the digipack plastic was cracked and a few of the discs slid out. I will be returning that, but fortunately, my local WalMart had Season 1 in stock. It's in a black amaray case so I think I will just buy the season sets as they are released. I really don't need any extras at all, it's just so fun to watch the dynamic duo thwart crime in fair Gotham.
OK... If I read this correctly the DVD set has *all* seasons in digi-paks? I saw the S1 release at Sam's yesterday and was a bit excited to see it in a amaray case thinking that's what the full set would also use. I *hate* digi-paks! Enough so that I would consider cancelling my order to wait for releases in standard amaray cases in spite of not getting the episode guide.

Reactions: cafink

Tony Bensley

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I checked out the price for the set on German Amazon, and admit that it is quite tempting! Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until after Christmas shopping is done, and see whether I have enough cha-ching ($$$) left to spare. Hopefully, the set's price and/or Canadian to Euro exchange doesn't change too much against us Canucks in the meantime, as our rate to the U.S. Dollar unfortunately has in recent months!

My one concern regarding ordering overseas is the potential hassle of return, should defectiveness be an issue! Heck, I have enough trouble with U.S. returns, and our aforementioned worsening rate of exchange is sadly making this option less attractive for me.

CHEERS! :)

MattHR

Screenwriter
BobO'Link said:
OK... If I read this correctly the DVD set has *all* seasons in digi-paks? I saw the S1 release at Sam's yesterday and was a bit excited to see it in a amaray case thinking that's what the full set would also use. I *hate* digi-paks! Enough so that I would consider cancelling my order to wait for releases in standard amaray cases in spite of not getting the episode guide.
Both the DVD and Blu-ray Complete Series box sets (retail and online editions) utilize the same DVD-height DigiPaks (complete with overlapping discs and fugly fluorescent colors. I, too, hate DigiPaks, and wish they had used the standard Amaray cases used for the Season One DVD release.

Reactions: Tony Bensley

Joe Isham

Stunt Coordinator
I will probably spring for the German set once it's confirmed to be region-free. The all-that-and-a-bag-of-chips gift set packaging is nice,but not shelf-friendly.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Therma123