What's new

Batman The Complete TV Series Limited Edition (11/11)(Blu-ray)(DVD) Available for Preorder (2 Viewers)

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
MattHR said:
Masking tape? Good grief! I guess skipping the Blu-ray of Batman: The Movie was just the start of cost-cutting measures on that set! I guess I'll just stick with the standard retail version then.
If you already have Adam West Naked and/or the movie on Blu, it really is just a matter of which box of stuff you want... a replica script and a letter from Mayor Adam We, or a matchbox car and some cards.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
Well, I was premature in whining. USPS says it has delivered my set to my house. Now when I get home I'll find out if I can watch the shows or if my wife will want to wrap up as a present for Christmas. Either way, I'm happy.

MattHR

Screenwriter
The Obsolete Man said:
If you already have Adam West Naked and/or the movie on Blu, it really is just a matter of which box of stuff you want... a replica script and a letter from Mayor Adam We, or a matchbox car and some cards.
All I need is Adam West Naked. I might just order a signed copy from Adam's website ($30; or $50 signed/personalized). I guess I'd rather have the photobook and Batmobile than the repro-script and "personalized" letter from Adam. At least the Naked DVD can actually be personalized when its signed.

Now, if only there was a cool box to store the three Blu-ray seasons, Blu-ray Movie, PhotoBook, Episode Guide, the DVDs for Batmania, Adam West Naked, Legion of Superheroes and Return to the Batcave...

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron
Greg Chenoweth said:
Well, I was premature in whining. USPS says it has delivered my set to my house. Now when I get home I'll find out if I can watch the shows or if my wife will want to wrap up as a present for Christmas. Either way, I'm happy.
I don't know if I could wait until Christmas especially with the cold weather and just the right time to watch Batman indoors. Just saying

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
IMG_1327.JPG

Are you telling me there was no room for the View Master reels of "The Purr-fect Crime"? Or should I be complaining in the 3D Forum?

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
This is all really wonderful and truly great to see. Me, whatever I decide to do...I will have to wait because my edition will be gift-wrapped and, like Breaking Bad's barrel last XMAS, will not be opened until then. ;)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Shipping snafu aside, the discs themselves are great. I've watched the first two episodes and they look and sound stunning.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
MattHR said:
Which is exactly why I use Amazon only when I have no other choice. Over 75% of my items arrive damaged
Yikes, that sucks! I have mostly good luck with them. For individual standard sized discs I don't think I've had a problem. I think what happened was they shipped this with another single disc Blu-ray and there was just too much empty space in the package, and the box got crushed somewhere between the warehouse and my house. I think I was a little over emotional when I first saw it...now I'm watching and loving the episodes, and I'll have a replacement in a couple days. It's a little annoying but could have been worse, at least I can watch the episodes. I can't believe how great the episodes look!

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I went to my local Wal-mart to see if they had any of the sets and to check prices, they didn't have any. I thought they would have had the Season 1 DVD set at least.

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron
Oliver Ravencrest said:
I went to my local Wal-mart to see if they had any of the sets and to check prices, they didn't have any. I thought they would have had the Season 1 DVD set at least.
The box set is too big for WalMart to carry. Walmart has gotten pretty bad about carrying classic tv shows. I am surprised Season 1 on DVD wasn't there though. I wonder if Target or Best Buy might have season 1.

MattHR

Screenwriter
Oliver Ravencrest said:
This is a sign of just how unimportant packaged media has become to retailers. My local Targets carried only the Season 1 DVD set and neither of the complete series sets. My local Walmarts carried none of the three configurations--online orders only. Best Buy stocked all three sets, but in far lower quantities than I would have expected. I bought mine (Blu-ray series) at Best Buy, after two failed attempts at Costco. The first Costco location had only three copies, all of which had crushed corners. I asked if they had extra stock not on display, and was told those three were the only ones they received. So, I went to the next closest Costco and was glad to find their three copies still on the rack--until I looked at the sides and saw a nasty slice through each one (most likely caused by a moron with a box cutter). Costco stocked only the Blu-ray set and neither DVD release.

The most anticipated DVD release in years, and Walmart stocks zilch? Target only the low-end DVD? Best Buy with limited stock? Costco only the expensive-and-barely-stocked Blu-ray? It wasn't that long ago that these retailers would have featured this release on the front-page of their Sunday newspaper circulars, with Best Buy staging a Monday-Midnight opening event.

It's just not as much fun to be a collector these days.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I wasn't surprised by them not carrying the complete series but I expected at least something. Mine has carried all 3 remastered Little House on the Prairies (DVD only) as well as other classic series season sets and volumes. I figured Batman would be a no brainer.

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron
MattHR said:
This is a sign of just how unimportant packaged media has become to retailers. My local Targets carried only the Season 1 DVD set and neither of the complete series sets. My local Walmarts carried none of the three configurations--online orders only. Best Buy stocked all three sets, but in far lower quantities than I would have expected. I bought mine (Blu-ray series) at Best Buy, after two failed attempts at Costco. The first Costco location had only three copies, all of which had crushed corners. I asked if they had extra stock not on display, and was told those three were the only ones they received. So, I went to the next closest Costco and was glad to find their three copies still on the rack--until I looked at the sides and saw a nasty slice through each one (most likely caused by a moron with a box cutter). Costco stocked only the Blu-ray set and neither DVD release.

The most anticipated DVD release in years, and Walmart stocks zilch? Target only the low-end DVD? Best Buy with limited stock? Costco only the expensive-and-barely-stocked Blu-ray? It wasn't that long ago that these retailers would have featured this release on the front-page of their Sunday newspaper circulars, with Best Buy staging a Monday-Midnight opening event.

It's just not as much fun to be a collector these days.
Your post pretty much sums up how stores feel about some of these great releases. Even Best Buy though has gotten really bad about carrying classic tv shows on dvd. I doubt any of the stores will carry The Jeffersons or The Facts of Life complete series on dvd or Hart to Hart….but i was surprised Walmart had the Equalizer season 2 but i had already picked it up online.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Loving what I'm seeing and hearing so far. Dove right into the extra features disc.I got such a kick out of the round table discussion segment. Everyone at the table is served these scrumptious looking desserts, but since they're all so involved in the conversation with Adam West, almost no one eats a bite. After 15 minutes or so, the waiters come and remove the mostly untouched bowls and dishes of various pies and cakes. I wonder if they took them home later in doggy bags? ;)

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
There was a time, I guess it was about ten years ago, when I was at Best Buy EVERY Tuesday morning five minutes before they opened so I could get whatever new release I was excited about. And it was a rare Tuesday when there was no release I was excited about. Now, it seems, it's a rare Tuesday when there is a release that I am truly excited about. But when there is, it virtually always arrives via Amazon. Couldn't tell you the last time I was in Best Buy. A couple years ago, I think. And I couldn't believe the LACK of DVDs / BDs. I suppose it's a combination of fewer things left on my dream list, and demand for fewer disc-based media. I agree--the excitement of Tuesdays isn't what it used to be. Thankfully, there are still Tuesdays like today. Few and far between, at least for me, but they do still exist.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
davidmatychuk said:
attachicon.gif
IMG_1327.JPG

Are you telling me there was no room for the View Master reels of "The Purr-fect Crime"? Or should I be complaining in the 3D Forum?
I had those! I was so excited that the Batman View Master featured my all-time favorite Villiain(ess)!
MattHR said:
I went to the next closest Costco and was glad to find their three copies still on the rack--until I looked at the sides and saw a nasty slice through each one (most likely caused by a moron with a box cutter).
Grrrr. I can't stand that! It absolutely drives my up the wall when I see that happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks