What's new

Batman The Complete TV Series Limited Edition (11/11)(Blu-ray)(DVD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
darkrock17 said:
I hope this isn't the final covers, because if so then WB art dept must be lazy as all get out, something as big as Batman and they're going to give it an amature photoshop slackjob. WB covers of lately lack if they don't use the original posters.
the only way I would have believed these being the actual covers would be if they were being handled by Warner Archives (see the "general" release cover for Shazam!).

Since they're not being handled by WBA, I think we can all safely ignore these images for now. They look like they were knocked up in a hurry because they probably were. Just something to promote the big ComiCon reveal.

if they somehow do end up being the final versions, you can bet there'll be dozens of fan versions posted online for people to download.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Ronald Epstein said:
Chris,

Just tested all the links. They work on a desktop and mobile browser.

Anyone else having problems let me know, please.

Thanks, Ron.
I'm on a laptop with Firefox. Later this evening I will have more time to play around with some settings, will see what happens.
Chris

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
AndyMcKinney said:
if they somehow do end up being the final versions, you can bet there'll be dozens of fan versions posted online for people to download.
Oh that I'm sure of, if WB does end up using these as the final, then if I were Fox I would be stepping in right now to avoid this.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
AndyMcKinney said:
the only way I would have believed these being the actual covers would be if they were being handled by Warner Archives (see the "general" release cover for Shazam!).

Since they're not being handled by WBA, I think we can all safely ignore these images for now. They look like they were knocked up in a hurry because they probably were. Just something to promote the big ComiCon reveal.

I think you have a point. Typically, big box sets are promoted with "3D" images of the box. Both of these graphics are merely flat vertical page-type layouts. I think it's for certain that, at least, Warner will be sending out more typical box art images for whatever they release, even if these images were used as covers. The fact that Warner has not led with typical box art graphics lends credence to your theory.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Forgive me for asking if this has already been covered in this thread, but do we have confirmation that all the original music is there and the episodes are uncut? Thanks.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Carabimero,Roughly half of the episodes are uncut. The music has been replaced for seasons one and two.

Just kidding, of course. ;)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Pre-ordered through the HTF link!

It's more than I'd like to spend, but I think I'll still manage to get every penny's worth of enjoyment out of it. It seems priced basically at the rate that CBS/Paramount charged for the individual Star Trek: TOS seasons when they first came out, so I can live with that. Would I pay this for every show? Probably not, but for something I've watched ever since I was a little kid and have never had a chance to own, something I know I'd revisit every couple years, it's worth it.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Again, this really IMO smacks of paranoia. We have to go by the track record of Warner, which has always released these shows uncut and made a point of holding back titles where they couldn't clear things. The idea that "77 Sunset Strip" would stay on ice for that reason and yet "Batman" would somehow be released with edits and replacements just strikes me as not credible.I realize there are plenty of titles that we as fans have been burned on in the past, but IMO we have to look at Warner's track record and let that be our guide on whether or not we have reason to be concerned or not.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Carabimero said:
Does anyone think if this set was complete that they'd be bragging about it in the pre-order info?
Considering they have little to nothing to do with pre-ordering info put up on Amazon, I'd say it was quite possible. Why not wait until they release their official press release at Comic-Con?

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
TravisR said:
No but you can bet that the set will leak out online before its release and if anything is missing, you'll read about it.
Have to agree with this comment. This boxed set is going to be closely scrutinized by all and sundry, so even the most minor problems will be known to us prior to or right upon release.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Jack P said:
..look at Warner's track record and let that be our guide on whether or not we have reason to be concerned or not.
If this was any show other than Batman, which was plagued with rights issues, I would give Warner the benefit of the doubt. Its the rights issues that make me question, not the Warner track record.

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
WB has released plenty of shows with cut episodes: Wonder Woman, The Flintstones, Dallas, The Waltons...just to name a few. However, this release will most likely be uncut.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
moviebuff75 said:
WB has released plenty of shows with cut episodes: Wonder Woman, The Flintstones, Dallas, The Waltons...just to name a few. However, this release will most likely be uncut.
Fingers crossed we hope. I wonder if Fox is starting to regreting letting WB handle this release now, I'm pretty sure if Fox worked with Time Life or Shout Factory we wouldn't be as worried about it as we are currently.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Those are instances from long before the Warner Archive model started several years ago. What's been cut since then? Fox, by contrast is the network that has collectively in a decade remastered just three vintage titles, the Irwin Allen shows other than "Lost In Space". You can't apply the Warner model from a decade ago and ignore what's been going on the last four years.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
If this was any show other than Batman, which was plagued with rights issues, I would give Warner the benefit of the doubt. Its the rights issues that make me question, not the Warner track record.
That doesn't follow because it first has to presuppose that there are rights issues Warner isn't aware of. A company that is holding up a show like "Mr. Novak" because they found four episodes from a two year span with music issues and use that as the basis for not releasing, is hardly going to do that for a title that has the potential to be their biggest seller of all time.If this were CBS/Paramount we'd have reason to be worried, or if it were Fox farming it out to Shout. The recent track record of Warner since the Archive program began IMO ought to inspire a lot more confidence than what I'm seeing here.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have pre-order my set!! I can not wait for this set to be released!! I have been huge batman fan ever since I was a kid!! The new Batman series starting from 1990s was to dark for me as such I prefer the campy versions along with the old cartoons of batman from the 1960s and 1970s!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks