What's new

Batman - The Complete Animated Series? (1 Viewer)

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Hi all.

I had Batman - The Complete Animated Series on order with Warner Home Video, but today I received the following e-mail:

This reads to me like the release was canceled. Has anyone heard anything to that affect? If so, it is a major bummer. :frowning:

Joseph Tidline

Supporting Actor
My order was cancelled also and I received the same email from them. I then sent them an email back asking why and received this response:

I have a feeling this may have something to do with the use of the 30% off coupon on these. Also they still have the set listed on their site available to order.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
I too received the email today and also had used a 30% off coupon on it.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Hadn't heard of it being cancelled... Amazon still has it available for pre-order (link) for $75.99 (30% off).

Joseph Tidline

Supporting Actor
It's not that they cancelled the release, we are talking about how the WB online store is canceling the preorders for the set saying "they don't have enough".

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
For some reason my reply (which I wrote over 3 hours ago) got delayed in posting to the board, so my response was to the question "This reads to me like the release was canceled. Has anyone heard anything to that affect?" Obviously/Thankfully from the response you received from Warner the set has not been canceled.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Interesting. I too had used the 30% off coupon when I ordered through Warner Home Video, so that is probably the reason for the cancellation. It was a lot more tempting at ~$55 than ~$75. Maybe I will pick it up through Deep Discount's 20% Off sale.

Thanks for the responses!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Talking to Warner Video right now...I can still put the set in my shopping cart and get to the screen right before confirming the order-at $80, naturally.

EDIT: They're looking into why a pre-order is being cancelled and if the set will actually be available on Tuesday.

Personal point of view: there's nothing on the website to suggest this is a limited release and it's still there for order. On top of that, I placed this order WAY back on September 12. You can't tell me all the sets were allocated by that time.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I placed my order for this Batman set on July 25. I did not receive the cancellation e-mail but when I checked the order at express check out it is showing as cancelled. This is bulls--t.

Update:

I called Warner Bros and was told to wait until Tuesday. On Tuesday if the Complete Series set is still on the Warner Bros website to place a new order. Then call customer service and give them your old order number. They will credit your account with the discount. Of course this was not in writing and it is certainly possible to call on Tuesday and be told no we won't do that. That is me being cynical. I know any order canceled by Warner Bros is gone. They never uncancel an order though at one time they started shipping canceled orders when they redid their shipping.

I guess this thread should be moved to the TV Forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Righ
Recent bookmarks