What's new

Batman: The Brave And The Bold (1 Viewer)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
The Brave and the Bold: “This is the introduction of the DCU Batman,” said Gunn. “Of Bruce Wayne and also introduces our favorite Robin, Damian Wayne, who is a little son of a bitch.” The movie will take inspiration from the now-classic Batman run written by Grant Morrison that introduced Batman to a son he never knew existed: a murderous tween raised by assassins. “It’s a very strange father-and-son story.”

Link

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I like it. A totally different approach than the Nolan trilogy and the Reeves film. The Reeves film took the character about as dark as he could go, being a full noir, so the only way forward was to go a bit lighter with the character. The Schumacher films were duds, so we've never really gotten a great Batman & Robin movie before.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I sure hope it's lighter in tone. That will hard with a Robin that's an assassin.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I gotta say that I really dislike the title of this film. Makes it sound like a cheap afternoon soap opera...

The Young and the Restless

The Days of our Lives

THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD

Ugh.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
I gotta say that I really dislike the title of this film. Makes it sound like a cheap afternoon soap opera...

The Days of our Lives

THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD

Ugh.

Way back in my younger years, when I had ambitious aspirations of writing a fantasy series 😉 (I still have aspirations… but I need to finish another book first!), Book 4 in the series was tentatively titled:

The Damned and the Wicked

I don’t remember why I thought of that title, but perhaps it sounded good at the time?

Anyway, I don’t mind The Brave and the Bold, but I can see your point.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry

The Days of our Lives

THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD

Ugh.

It's a comics legacy title, starting back in the mid-1950s. Originally it was a "try-out" book for various reboots of characters (including Task Force X: Suicide Squad, Justice League of America, and Hawkman). In the early-to-mid-60s, it started featuring team-ups of various characters (Green Arrow and the Manhunter from Mars, Aquaman and Hawkman, Batman and Green Lantern, that sort of thing). Because the Batman team-ups tended to sell the best, by the late 60s the comic became nothing but team-ups of various heroes with Batman.

B&B28.jpg
B&B54.jpg
B&B131.jpg

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
That said...I'm not sure how I feel about this film. Mostly, it's because I've not been a fan of the Damian Wayne version of Robin (I'm on Team Tim Drake).

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Yes, I was aware of the history behind the title. That doesn't make it sound any better to my ears here in the 21st century. ;)

Well, granted, it seemed more appropriate in its earliest issues, where it featured characters like the Viking Prince, the Golden Gladiator, and the Silent Knight. 🤨

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks