What's new

Batman: The Animated Series BOX SETS (1 Viewer)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Yes. Gotham Knights is the preferred title. Most likely these episodes would be included in the BTAS boxed set since they continue the episode numbers beginning with 86 (Holiday Knights) and ending with 110 (Judgment Day) as seen in the production book Batman:Animated. They are also shown mixed together with the original episodes on CN.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Do I have this straight? There were 80 episodes of Batman: The Animated Series. Then, there were 5 of The Adventures of Batman and Robin (this series also included a bunch from the earlier series with the new theme song on the front). After that, the were 24 episodes of Gotham Knights. so between the various modern batman series, there were 109 episodes.

Since the series are somewhat distinct, I'd like to see the first series released in 4 sets of 20, a single-disc release for Batman and Robin, then a single set for both seasons of Gotham Knights.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
There were many fine episodes from the first season(s), but the shows i really want are the Gotham Knights eps.

so i'm still going to have to wait a while methinks.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Good news, if it pans out. Now, how about Pinky and the Brain (including episodes from Animaniacs)?

Bubba Bo Bob Brain. :laugh: That was some great TV.

But you will respect me -- YES!
Once my plan is unfurled
You will call me your leader
I'll be King Of The World.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully, the first set will only include all the episodes released so far so that those of us who were naive enough to figure that this would be the release format don't have to double dip to get the rest of the episodes.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Hopefully, the first set will only include all the episodes released so far so that those of us who were naive enough to figure that this would be the release format don't have to double dip to get the rest of the episodes.
That would be the best way to do it, without alienating any of the hardcore fans who have bought all three volumes.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
The Dventures of Batman and Robin had a different theme song and a somewhat different writing style (seemed to eb aimed at a younger audience), so wouldn't it count seperately?

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I've always been a bigger Supes fan, but I look forward to collecting both of these. I know Superman was much less successful, according to TV Tome they had just over 50 episodes. I may have only seen about half, so I'm psyched!

Ric

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
The Dventures of Batman and Robin had a different theme song and a somewhat different writing style (seemed to eb aimed at a younger audience), so wouldn't it count seperately?
The producers of the show and WB consider The Adventures of Batman & Robin to be part of the original run of the show (click Link Removed for the IMDB entry). I don't really think the writing really changed that much during the third season, as they did some really dramatic eps like Second Chances and Baby Doll and the great western-flavored Showdown. The new theme and titles aren't even shown anymore, they've been replaced by the original BTAS titles in the CN airings (This applies to Gotham Knights as well). New end title credits have been created for both in the old BTAS style as well.

I would think the probability of seeing any separation of the 110 episodes is pretty slim.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"Maybe it was the $100+ bootleg box sets were getting on eBay"

And I was just about to give up and get one

Awesome awesome news.

JohnAP

Second Unit
Yeah, any research on their part would tell them that season sets were the preferred format by the fans who remember it when it originally aired. So many people remember Batman TAS fondly. Let's hope this happens.

Real Name
Anthony
I'd love to see a bunch of the original Filmation cartoons on DVD. All I've got is a VHS with five episodes. They weren't great but they had atmosphere, and the music was brilliant.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'll pick these up for sure! I wouldn't mind if they put them out in chronological volumes, as opposed to true seasons if it would keep the cost down. With all the TV product coming out, it's getting really hard on the wallet.

Clint Walker

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys, if your Bat-Fans then you'll love the exclusive feature running in DVD ETC. Magazine next month. We feature independent film maker/writer/creator/director Sandy Collora and his new film: BATMAN: Dead End. The feature is titled, "The Coolest DVD You'll Never Own" and it is Batman as he was meant to be seen--not some wimpy actor wannabe. Anyway, it has a huge underground following right now and there's talk that all the chaos may result in Collora bringing his Batman to the big screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks