What's new

Batman: The Animated Series BOX SETS (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
During the panel for Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman, a Warner Bros. representative confirmed that Batman: The Animated Series, as well as Superman: The Animated Series, would be given box set treatments. Given the uneven nature of the Batman: The Animated Series seasons, varying from sixty episodes to just five episodes, it's unknown how Warner Bros. will approach them.
reported by Jim Harvey @ toonzone.net

Rob T

Screenwriter
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Really?
I was gonna get the new disc that's coming out this Tuesday but if this is true then I'll hold off.

A Suggestion for Warner:
Split the first season up into 3 sets at the most with 20 eps per set! And lots of extras!!! :D

Now if they do season sets of Batman Beyond and Justice League (in 16x9 enhanced widescreen!!!) then I'll be happy!!!

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Batman & Robin: The Animated Series was the best American cartoon to come along in a while! Glad to see its getting good DVD treatment.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
YES! I just want official word before I begin to dance naked throughout my room in joy!

LisaDoris

Stunt Coordinator
As I sit here whimpering with tears of joy, I too will wait for an official announcement before doing my happy happy joy joy dance.

Bill Burns

Supporting Actor
I'm very glad they've had a change of heart about this -- having held off on the single releases, I will certainly buy up the season sets for Batman: The Animated Series. I'd also glady buy sets (is it still in production? I'm unsure) for Batman Beyond, which I thought was a terrible concept when the teasers hit the airwaves, but after giving it a shot discovered that I couldn't have been more wrong -- it's one of my favorite animated shows, excellent in every respect. Maybe it's just the occasional presence of Batman, but after these two, the new Justice League would be third on my list of most desired season sets for contemporary 'toons.

:emoji_thumbsup: to WB for bringing the Dark Knight to DVD in style.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Maybe it was the $100+ bootleg box sets were getting on eBay, or maybe Warner's family department decided to actually gauge fan interest for their titles, but either way, HALLELUJAH!

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
Really hope this turns out to be true, as I have refused to buy the discs as they are currently released.

Superman and Batman box sets - just say when.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
And "Taz-Mania". It's the forgotten part of the early-nineties Warner TV toons, but it's also the best, IMHO. Compared to Taz, "Amimaniacs" always struck me as smug and much more hit-or-miss.

Bill Burns

Supporting Actor
Ah yes, doing a bit of homework over at TVTome reveals that Batman Beyond aired for three seasons and 52 episodes. Batman: Gotham Knights completely eluded my occasional television perusals, but I see it lasted two seasons and 24 episodes. Justice League, happily (I was beginning to worry when I tuned into the same episode for the third time just a few months after it premiered!), seems to continue in production with its second season.

All would be great follow-ups to a complete representation of Batman: The Animated Series in season sets on DVD (Justice League sets should be presented in anamorphic widescreen, of course, and I say "of course" in the hopes the full screen single discs will not prove harbingers of the screen format for any season sets; I don't believe any of the other shows aired in widescreen, but correct me if I'm mistaken). Thanks to Rob, Jeff, and Ray for their info -- and I'll toss in another vote for the animated Superman while I'm at it (I've only seen one or two episodes, but they've been very good).

With the first Looney Tunes set due in October, sets for any of the above would cement WB as the animation studio to watch in 2004 and ... beyond. Ahem. :)

Jarrod Hines

Stunt Coordinator
I bought the first release to show my support for the show, but I refuse to purchase DVDs with only 4 eps each so I (fortunately) didn't waste my $ on the others. I'll gladly be among the first to own these sets, with the hopes that others will come along in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks