What's new

Batman TAS Would you Season Box Sets? (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I know I would. TAS is supposedly coming from WB Next year along with an Unedited Return of the Joker. I know there were around 85 eps of the Original TAS, then there were also Eps as Part of the Batman/Superman Adventures. While those eps are'nt bad the original 85 episodes were clearly Superior with better animation and a more "Adult" edge to them. I hope these episodes get released in order, heck I've even missed a few because FOX originally only showed a few of them once. Here's hoping for the True and Best adventures of the Dark Knight.
------------------
My DVD Collection
The Megaplex
My Equipment List

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
NO ORIGINAL-RELEASE-ORDER = NO SALE.
But I want these very badly. Please, no best-ofs here, Warner! Pretty please?
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Just a heads up, season box sets means you're going to get 1 box of 65, and 2 boxes of about 10-15 eps
I'd ask for it in 20-25ep chunks since the eps are self-contained
Jeff Kleist

Travis D

Second Unit
24 episodes a piece is fine with me like the X-Files sets. Though since they are only 30 minutes long..... 50 would be fine with me too. :)

GaryEA

Second Unit
Absolutely, I'd buy them.
It would make no sense to chop the series up into bite-sized, best-of sets. Every episode really is a small achievement in American animation and should get the royal treatment, given the chance.
This show deserves a full release, in box sets. And I'm sure the boys and gals behind it could have a staggering amount of supplemental material to offer (Ever read "Batman: Animated").
I have one other wish; Please include the two minute test film used to sell the show the networks. It's fantastic!
Please, no best-of's. Follow the Simpsons example and you're good as gold!
Gary

John Simon

Second Unit
I would buy them, but only if they were priced similar to the Simpsons Box Set. While I do buy The X-Files at it's very high price, it also features hour-long episodes. I think 24 eps with an SRP of $40-45 would be reasonable.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
A boxed set would be in my hands and at the register in a heartbeat. I would absolutely love to have all of these episodes in my collection. I agree that a "best of" would definitely be a very poor way for Warner to produce the discs. This series truly is one of the greatest American cartoons of all time. Chris
------------------
Star Wars: http://www.ig88-.net
patriot.gif

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I"m with Dave here, i definitly want these, but NO ORIGINAL RELEASE ORDER = NO SALE!!
:)

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Definitely Original Release Order, but how they split that down to boxes is a secondary concern. They have got to be careful though, otherwise I can see many just buying the initial Batman ones and not bothering for the And Robin series.

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
I would buy them at once in boxed sets/chronolgical order. I'd have NO interest in best-of sets. None. Zero.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I NEED this. I also would not be interested in a "best of" set.
gimmegimmegimme
------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung

Cal S

Stunt Coordinator
I agree. No Best of.
But am I the only guy who thinks the more recent art (Batman/Superman series) is even BETTER than the original stuff?
I really like the cleaner, more angular style. It's incredible. Bruce Timm is amazing.
------------------
calslayton.com

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
The later series was actually closer to the original vision...the first series was supposed to look more like the later series. But some think the writing is better in the first series.
Either way, it's all good.
I'd prefer they come in broadcast order and/or production order and/or whatever other order the producers think is good. It doesn't have to be broadcast order, and sometimes broadcast order is just plain wrong.
I'll buy them all if priced fairly. Not cheaply, just the same or less per hour than other television box set releases like The X-Files, The Simpsons, Star Trek TNG, The Avengers, etc.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
My favorite art was from the beginning of the seasons such as episodes like Heart of Ice, Feat of Clay,Leather Wings, Second Chance(probally my favorite BTAS episode).Far superior to the cheesier art that appeared in episodes like What is Reality? Day of the Samurai and some of the Penguin episodes.
I do like the New Adventures art as well.Paul Dini and Bruce Timm did such a wonderful job on these shows.
------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I would buy TAS in boxed sets. I find it to be the most effective and on target adaptation of Batman for the small or big screen. I would be happy to have them in this type of permutation:
Set one: 30 episodes
Set two: 30 episodes
Set three: 25 episodes
If I remember properly, there were multi-episode story arcs, and those should be maintained intact within a set, and without doubt episodes should be presented in order:
One of these three:
Original Broadcast Order
Original Production Order
Creators Preferred Order
------------------
Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
Thank you Sci-Fi channel for Season 6 of Stargate SG-1
View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Box sets? In order? from WARNER??? Hahahahaha you guys need to lay off the crack pipes.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Seriously, I'd buy these in a minute in box sets, in order. But I'm not holding out any realistic hope of it happening.
------------------
"This movie has warped my fragile little mind."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks