What's new

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
After more than 80 years since his first appearance in Detective Comics #27, Batman still has a few original stories to tell, which cannot be easy.  Creators of new Batman films, whether in live action or in animation, are faced with a challenge to tell new stories that have not been repeatedly drawn from the same well in earlier releases.  Give credit then to the producers of Batman: Soul of the Dragon, which features the Batman of the 1970s  epitomized in the stylized comic book artwork of Neal Adams and Jim Aparo.

[Review]

Continue reading...

Sam Favate

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'm not a big fan of the non-Bruce Timm animated movies, but the 70s angle has me intrigued. But why does DC see the need to ramp up the violence to get an R rating? It seems to me that ever since the 60s and 70s, DC has had an inferiority complex to Marvel, which was telling more sophisticated stories from the beginning, and now, DC is overcompensating by making many of its films (even the animated ones!) R-rated. They use more violence and/or language to secure the mature rating, but it's like a child's view of what an R-rated film is. Ironically, it's immature. They're also limiting their audience by excluding children. Are there no comics (or comic book movies) for kids anymore (outside of Marvel)?

PS Rumor going around that Batman: The Animated Series may see a revival on HBO MAX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artscience100