What's new

Batman & Mr. Freeze: Sub Zero? (1 Viewer)

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
With the release of Fox's 1966 Batman: The Movie, it appears that Warner's Batman and Mr. Freeze: Sub Zero is now the only Batman feature not released on DVD.
Now I know that the idiots at Warner will consider Sub Zero a "family film" and would release it in Pan & Scam, but since this movie was made for home video anyway, I'm not too sure what the OAR was at all (it was originally released on VHS)...
I liked this one quite a bit. Does anyone know what the OAR was, and if there are any rumors of a DVD release?
------------------
rfloto1.gif

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
I just found out that according to the Internet Movie Database, the aspect ratio of Batman and Mr. Freeze: Sub Zero is indeed 1.33:1...so I guess we can get it released, we won't have to complain if it's not anamorphic...
We should definitely bring up a request for this title at the Warner chat in October!
------------------
rfloto1.gif

[Edited last by Robert Floto on August 23, 2001 at 05:50 PM]

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
The laserdisc version of this film is 1.66:1, not 1.33:1. Perhaps it was filmed in 1.33:1 and framed at 1.66:1.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
The laserdisc version of this film is 1.66:1, not 1.33:1. Perhaps it was filmed in 1.33:1 and framed at 1.66:1.
Now that's irritating. If I can't trust IMDB on aspect ratios, where can I find this kind of info?
Also, I didn't realize there was a Laserdisc of Sub Zero...how does it look in widescreen?
------------------
rfloto1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks