Batman & Mr. Freeze: Sub Zero?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Floto, Aug 23, 2001.

1. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

With the release of Fox's 1966 Batman: The Movie, it appears that Warner's Batman and Mr. Freeze: Sub Zero is now the only Batman feature not released on DVD.
    Now I know that the idiots at Warner will consider Sub Zero a "family film" and would release it in Pan & Scam, but since this movie was made for home video anyway, I'm not too sure what the OAR was at all (it was originally released on VHS)...
    I liked this one quite a bit. Does anyone know what the OAR was, and if there are any rumors of a DVD release?
    ------------------
    [​IMG]

2. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

Not sure about the OAR, but World's Finest said not too terribly long ago that "Sub Zero" was a likely 2002 release, according to some source at Warner Bros. or something...
    ------------------
    My DVD list | My personal site

3. Robert Floto

I just found out that according to the Internet Movie Database, the aspect ratio of Batman and Mr. Freeze: Sub Zero is indeed 1.33:1...so I guess we can get it released, we won't have to complain if it's not anamorphic...
    We should definitely bring up a request for this title at the Warner chat in October!
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    [Edited last by Robert Floto on August 23, 2001 at 05:50 PM]

4. Julian Lalor

Julian Lalor Supporting Actor

The laserdisc version of this film is 1.66:1, not 1.33:1. Perhaps it was filmed in 1.33:1 and framed at 1.66:1.

5. Robert Floto