Batman: End Game DVD

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Tom Scholfield, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Tom Scholfield

Tom Scholfield Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a DVD of this, I know the DVD was featured in the latest issue of DVD Etc. I also know it is next to impossible to get. But if it were possible, anyone got any ideas.

If not, does anyone know where one might find the highest quality download of this amazing short film?

2. Matt Czyz

Matt Czyz Supporting Actor

head to theforce.net for a 640x480 version, the best online version I know of.

3. Kelly W

Kelly W Second Unit

You mean "Batman: Dead End", right?

There will (almost certainly) never be an official, legitimate release on DVD. There is no way the rights could ever be cleared. But as you might expect, "homemade" DVDs exist-- usually made from a downloaded video file. I believe these are the discs you can find "for sale" online.

I've seen the film was a little disappointed-- while it is quite good, it is a little over-hyped. Not counting the credits, it runs for only six minutes and is very much a "demo" (which, admittedly, is the whole reason for its existence). It ends on a cliffhanger and ultimately left me feeling unsatisfied. Still, if you can find it, it is worth checking out.

-Kelly

4. Bill Williams

Bill Williams Screenwriter

There have been a couple of excellent articles, one in Wizard magazine, the other in a DVD magazine, I forget the title, but the fellow who made the short film, Sandy Collura, stated that he had only 100 copies of the short film made as kind of a "calling card" to prospective film producers and studio heads. He never intended for it to be distributed beyond that on DVD.

5. James T

James T Screenwriter

The DVDs on eBay are just a burnt copy currently available on theforce.net