What's new

Batman DVD Set Missing Tag Scene In S2 Episode (1 Viewer)

BasicGreatGuy

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert
BasicGreatGuy said:
What about those of us who purchased through iTunes? There is no disc to send in for replacement.

This is one of those times, where I truly hope I have been wrong in saying, I don't see WB correcting the problem.

Edited to add: Reading what Bill wrote, it looks to me like he is merely guessing.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Bill usually knows what he's talking about. I hope he's right, but I will be very very surprised if the swagless sets are corrected. They street in 24 days, which means there is a lot less time than that to fix the problem. Just don't see how it's possible.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
BasicGreatGuy said:
What about those of us who purchased through iTunes? There is no disc to send in for replacement. This is one of those times, where I truly hope I have been wrong in saying, I don't see WB correcting the problem.
In theory WB would provide iTunes with a corrected version of the episode, and anyone who purchased it should be able to simply re-download it.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Say if anyone has an old alternate set they no longer want now that the official set has been released, I'll gladly take it off your hands. I can't afford the new set and I would love having sponsor tags and next week previews if those exist on the older sets. I know the PQ won't be stellar, but I can live with it if it reminds me of watching the show as a kid!

AlexNH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas
Does anyone know if WHV has made a statement on this issue yet?

smurr051958

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
scott murr
Thanks for all the info on this set. Never even knew about this until this thread ! HTF definitely rules and here's hoping WHV does the right thing! Will be anxiously waiting...

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Well, Warners just made the announcement and IMO this exceeds what I would have expected! Not only will the missing Marsha scene be restored, but so too will the missing Dozier pilot episode narration from the opening scene, plus all missing next week's villain tags from S1 and S2. The latter will only be presented as a supplement and not restored to the actual episodes since that would be too cumbersome a task and necessitate replacing more discs so I think this is the better way to go.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Batman-missing-content-replacement-info/20533

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I've just gone to the WB help website and asked to participate in the program.
Now I just need to see what information they need to confirm that I did really buy these discs, or if they're going to have me mail in the discs to be replaced.

BasicGreatGuy

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert
I contacted customer service as directed, in regards to my digital iTunes set. Hopefully, they will push the new update asap.

AlexNH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas
So are you just suppose to send a note through the online form on WB's website and ask to participate in the disc replacement program?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Kevin EK said:
I've just gone to the WB help website and asked to participate in the program.
Now I just need to see what information they need to confirm that I did really buy these discs, or if they're going to have me mail in the discs to be replaced.
What has been required for similar replacement programs?

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
It's depended.
I remember mailing dvds of Back to the Future II and III back to Universal over ten years ago, and receiving corrected DVDs in the mail.
With the Star Trek TNG S1 thing, I believe I just had to email them product or disc numbers to confirm I had purchased it, and they just mailed me the replacements without me having to send any discs to them.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Greg_S_H said:
What has been required for similar replacement programs?
In terms of Warners, I think I had to send the original discs back for the Looney Tunes and Tom And Jerry replacement discs. Those were probably about a decade ago so I might be misremembering them. More recently, for the Star Wars: The Clone Wars: S5 replacement discs, I just called a phone number, gave them my address and they sent them to me in a week.

I assume that with the high profile of the series & the mistake and the volume of people that will want a replacement disc that they'll require some proof of purchase (maybe e-mail them a copy of the receipt from Amazon or a scan of a printed receipt from a brick and mortar store?) to stop people from ripping them off.

AlexNH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas
It sounds like they haven't even pressed new discs yet (which is understandable), it sounds like this announcement was made because they have completed the "investigation phase" of this issue and wanted to update the public. Now, they will go to work on actually making the corrections. So it may take a little longer to actually get them in our hands... again understandable, they have handled this issue very well so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks