What's new

Batman Beyond Return of the Joker Uncut!! Where's the props! (1 Viewer)

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
I remember when the original DVD of the "Return of the Joker" was released with gobs of knowledge of what was cut out and how bad the film looked after that. I just found at my favorite DVD shop a copy of the Uncut DVD! I then saw an ad for it and realize that maybe all the complaining people did when it first came out is starting to pay off. But are people buying it? I know I did, but I seriously hope that everyone that bitched and moaned about cutting out a director's vision have now gone and done their duty and purchased this now-complete masterpiece. Is there any way to find out how well (or not so well) this flick does in this format? I just got it and haven't watched it, but I am hoping that the commentary changed as well to fit the newly restored version.

Bats!

Phil

Rob T

Screenwriter
It took me a while to find it. after searching at pretty much every store in town, I finally found it at a Wal-mart on the edge of town for a fairly nice price. :)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Yep I picked BB:Uncut and Batman Animated Series Disc 1 the day they came out

capt

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Actually I'm having a devil of a time finding the darn thing. But somehow, some way, it will eventually be mine...

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I purchased it the day it was released.

The uncut story is very satisfying, but I was extremely disappointed with the video quality of this release.

The non-anamorphic widescreen transfer was marred by "jaggies" appearing in straight lines during "pans". The artifacts were similar to the effect of anamorphic downconversion on a very early Toshiba DVD player.

It was especially sad to listen to the commentary track and hear the director and animators talking about the great animation work and see these "jaggies" appear all over the place while they were talking!

Anyway, it was gratifying that Warner listened to the fan base and made this disc available, but frustrating that they did such a poor job on the transfer.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Did this come out a while ago? Let me see...
DVD Profiler has it listed as last April. Great flick, especially for animated. Had to order The BM:TAS disc online. got ROTJ:UC at Target.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks