What's new

Batman Begins Part III (1 Viewer)

Michael:M

Supporting Actor

While he may not have been a "superstar," I'd argue that A Knight's Tale and, more importantly, Brokeback Mountain made him a household name.

Fred Mitchell

Stunt Coordinator
Heath was known but except for Brokeback, he had not received acting accolades. When he was named as the Joker EVERYONE flipped about how poor a choice it was. When the casting for Batman Begins was being named, alot of people were saying there were too many "big" names and they wouldn't mesh well. All I'm saying is if Nolan thinks someone is worthy of stepping into the Joker's shoes, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. EVERY male casting choice he's made has hit big and he has proven he deserves the lattitude.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Zack, I have to disagree. Penguin can be a very interesting character. If anyone has a chance to get to a comic store this week. Their is a series of one-shots called Joker's Asylum. The first issue was Joker then Penguin and Poison Ivy. But, in the Penguin one. It discusses how because of his physical looks he was humilited growing up and how it has affected him now. In the story he is having dinner and notices the chef and matre'd of a restaurant laughing. He is so messed up he thinks they are laughing at him. Does he kill them? No. He slowly destroys their lives piece by piece (health inspector closing the restaurant, gf deported, etc) until the chef commits suicide. He is a slow methodical killer. Who with his seemingly honest business keeps Bats at bay. Also, their is more to the story showing his true nature.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member

This is definitely no knock and doesn't speak about his talent but... Tom Hanks is a household name. Will Smith is a household name. Heath Ledger's name alone never could really open a film. A Knight's Tale and Brokeback Mountain were small hits but never blockbusters. Now he's a household name because of Batman but he definitely was not one before. When your grandma knows a name.. that's a household name.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
If you dig up the Batman Begins II thread and start around page 6 or so, you'll see that the majority of people who cared (on this forum) were positive about the choice.
Maybe people elsewhere were up in arms , not here.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Yea that would be SHH. Some even started a petition.

They freaked out when Heath was announced. Of course they all love the movie and Heaths performance now right?

Trying to explain to those people to calm down, that there must have been something seen in auditions to make the filmmakers make the choice they did, and to have some faith in the filmmaker is a effort in futility.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
What I would love to see is something like what was done in the last 2 books of "The Dark Knight Returns" by Frank Miller.

As others have mentioned, the 3rd book is called "Hunt the Dark Knight" and the fourth has him battling none other than Superman. For those that have read those books (and if you have not, you really should!)
It would have to be updated and adjusted for the screen, but I think it would make for a spectacular ending to what would essentially be a 3 part movie series.

Michael:M

Supporting Actor

I've found SHH! useful for two things: following the viral events and some news. Otherwise, a bit too hyperbolic for my tastes.

BOF is even worse, as well as having possibly the worst formatted boards I've ever seen.

MikeRS

Screenwriter
I could see a female Robin and/or Catwoman playing a part in the third film. Females in Batman's life will definitely be an interesting angle/dynamic to play with now that Rachel's dead.

I also agree that if this is the final film in his trilogy, Nolan will probably go for broke and take alot from the apocalyptic "The Dark Knight Returns". Didn't Alan Moore once describe DKR as Batman's Ragnarök?

But yeah, female Robin....

[url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/8/8b/htf_imgcache_33134.jpeg][URL="https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/8/8b/htf_imgcache_33134.jpeg"] [/url][/URL]

Pete-D

Screenwriter
I dunno, I think I'd prefer Talia al Ghul to Catwoman honestly in the context of Nolan's world.

My vote is Katrina Kaif as Talia al Ghul:

She's a Bollywood actress, but her first language is English having been raised in Hawaii. How perfect is that second shot anyway? Wowza.

Also from Wikipedia:

In the years since Talia meets Batman, she is repeatedly torn between loyalty to her father and her love of Batman. However, she has proven an important 'ally' in her way; most prominently, she encourages Batman to return to Gotham City when it is declared a "No Man's Land" following an earthquake, and he has lost his fighting spirit and didn't believe he could save Gotham.

Sounds like the character can come and counsel Batman if things get even worse in the third film.

Harley Quinn would also be great in the Nolan universe but how they do that now with the Joker situation up in the air is anyone's guess. Female Robin would be ... interesting, but it also might create the wrong type of sexual tension.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
No Robin, please, no, no Robin.

I've always found that character to be cheesy as all hell, mostly because of Burt Ward, Chris O'Donnell's whiny lil' bitch interperatation didn't help, either lol..

As for Pete-D's choice for Catwoman, to quote Jack from Burton's Batman..."Stop the press, who's that!?" :eek:

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter

I don't think a female robin would work, but I do think that merging Robin and Batgirl's characters into a single one might be interesting. I wouldn't expect Nolan to do anything like that though.

I don't think there's anything wrong with including Robin, though I don't really care one way or the other. If anything I'd like to see them do it just to show everyone how it's done.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I've learned to avoid any fansites. Force.net, OneRing, Browncoats, B-o-F, Red Sox Nation, etc.

You name it...discourse will very likely be troglodytic. The interest of a fansite is focused on the object of fandom, and the viewpoints will likely be skewed around that. I prefer discourse from the POV of the medium, a bit more objective than you could find at a dedicated website. I'm not pretending I'm not a fanboy
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
I certainly am.

But I'm one who prefers the company of the somewhat well-rounded.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
well i ocassionaly check those sites just for some info, not to spoilerish, but maybe a small video or something during filming. now on to the third film, god willing that nolan will helm it. as i sat in the theater this weekend again, i i came to the realization that unless something had already been filmed with Joker in Arkum Asylum, the best cameo of the next film would be moot, unless they recast, but with the way they have been good enough this series to focus on other events, i would have liked to hear the conversation between the walls of Scarecrow and Joker, half of it of course would have been crane trying to psychoanalyze him, as Batman walks in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks