What's new

Batman Begins Part III (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
As much as I love Superman, he doesn't fit in the world Nolan has created. This is a world where everything has a plausible (or close enough to suspend disbelief) explanation in line with real world physics. Nolan's Gotham pushes the boundaries of reality, like Bond, but doesn't completely break with them.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I do want more detective. They've done decently there in the first two films. But let's show how smart Batman actually is, not just in the action scenes.

MikeRS...my bad. Hunt the Dark Knight isn't bad at all. The title really doesn't matter anymore
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
It's the film after "The Dark Knight".

MikeRS

Screenwriter

I agree, but there's an economic element to my suggestion.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

The corporate flunkies will love to connect the next film directly to it's 400+ million grossing predecessor.

And it's still a cool title.

And completely relevant to the storyline being telegraphed for the next film.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Oh...and three years is a must. Give Nolan all of that pre-pre-production he loves so much. This script is going to be a major challenge, since they are building upon a film with the Joker to a film without. It'll need some very solid lifting. Perhaps Batman takes his vigilantism a bit too far, getting comfortable in his role as outlaw. I'd like to see real friction between Gordon and Batman. Anyways, the point is that Nolan should be fundamentally left alone, and should be given the time he needs at the script stage. The script is why TDK was so impressive.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
Nolan already said that Rha's Al Ghul wouldn't return, because the Lazarus Pit would be too supernatural to fit in the movie. The Penguin was also out of question, since he was a too far-fetched character. I do like the Riddler as a Zodiac type serial killer, that could work out.
I always liked Catwoman. Yes, she has also been in Batman Returns, but a different take on it could work. She wouldn't be that far-fetched. They could even make the love angle work.
The only problems I have with using the Riddler and Catwoman is that they have already been used in the previous films, and along with the Joker and Two-Face, wouldn't be all that different. I want to see a villain that hasn't been used yet. Harley Quinn? I'd love to see her in a Batfilm. Then you'd have a small cameo from the Joker, and she would be picking it up from there.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
well if he is an outlaw, and you still want more dective work, how about
"Shadows of the Bat"
like the clock king idea, but this way would have to involve a lot of Bruce doing Undercover work , before suiting up, would give it an undercover cop feel to it, also keep the push on Mob crime, we have seen falcone, and maroni but we need to see the gang war of Maroni and Thorne, wich leave Two Face going after both sides and Batman trying to stop all three.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter

Know what? That's pretty much dead on. Don't name the thing at all, just flash us the Batsignal and give us a date.

Chris Roberts

Stunt Coordinator
Catwoman could fit nicely into a third movie as the type of vigilante that Batman is now accused of being. They can also fit her real identity as a replacement for the Rachael character so she interacts in different ways with both Bruce and Batman. Yeah the character was in Returns already, but I'm picturing a less cheesy version with no actual purring involved.

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay

I also would like him back (Liam Neeson is excellent and I miss him) with Two-Face and possibler the Riddler.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
I see a lot of talk about a return of Two-Face but forgive me if I missed something..

Isn't he dead?

I'd love to see The Riddler or Catwoman. But what about The Mad Hatter? Never been done on the big screen yet and he could fit in as a minor villain (ala Scarecrow)

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
But paul

what about the funeral for Harvey Dent at the end? Are they just keeping him hidden from the public? I guess it's left a tad ambiguous but I just assumed that was the end of Two-Face's arc.

MikeRS

Screenwriter
Guys, spoilers are allowed.

Regarding Harvey's death.....

The whole end of the film is built on the fact Batman will take the rap for the crimes of the very dead Harvey Dent. If he's not dead, the end sequence makes not a lick of sense.

Are people still doubting his death because it's a standard comic convention/cliche for characters to come back from the dead?

I don't get it. :confused:

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I think some people don't want to believe that's all there is. But yeah, his arc is finished.

Regarding Catwoman; The character could work in a subplot involving industrial espionage. And if she were hired to get something from Wayne Ent., that could provide the opportunity to interact with either Bruce or Batman (or both). She could paid to pull off a heist involving tech from the applied sciences archives. Tech that she later could recognize when Batman uses it, which let's her put 2+2 together.

Pete-D

Screenwriter
I guess the challenge is how do you do the Riddler or Catwoman (or anyone else really) and not have them come off as laughable second tier villains compared to the Joker?

The Joker simply I think pushed Batman to his absolute limits, and was frightening and maddening in the process.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
I threw this out in the discussion thread but I think the third Batman by Nolan and co. should be their take on the No Man's Land series from the comics. This is the one where Gotham gets destroyed by...I can't remember, now. Earthquake? Smog? Something. It basically turns into "Escape from New York" as the rest of the country ignores this destroyed city and lets it fend for itself. The Police and Batman essentially become a couple of the many gangs vying to control the crumbing city.

At the time, I thought it was far fetched. Who would imagine a city being mostly destroyed by a natural disaster and nearly ignored....and then Katrina came along. Yeesh. If TDK is the comic book movie's answer to 9/11 (and it was...this was about terror and chaos first and foremost, in my opinion) then the next could be the answer to Katrina and New Orleans. And add Catwoman or Penguin for good measure.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Phil, I don't know about the natural disaster, but I did think of the idea of having the city get to its absolute worse, to the point where maybe their forgiveness or acceptance of Batman comes from them simply not having anyone else to turn to. He's the only one who can save them, so they let him.

It's not the heroic validation that some would want, but I think it's a very truthful way of doing things.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I hope they DON'T do a catwoman or riddler..... I didn't like either of them and I don't think they should revisit it. Just my .02.

I could very well see a Harley Quinn coming on board.......////////

As far as the new bat suit.... can it protect against dogs etc..... I thought he said what kind Chihuahua or Rottweiler....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks