What's new

Batman Begins Part III (1 Viewer)

Les Samuel

Stunt Coordinator

Nope I am not a Comic book guy, but I enjoy movies. I continue to mention Burton's two films because I think they are under appreciated on many levels. Many forget the magnitude and the impact of the first Batman. Burton's Batman is the template for comic book movies today. If you can recall you were in awe the first time you saw Batman, the first time you saw Nicholson's Joker, you were in awe when you saw the Batmobile. Comic book movies prior were corny.

Nolan is an excellent director I appreciate the realism he's applied to his version through his vision, that same realism could make FF a sick movie. Hell I'd like to see him at the helm of Thor and I think he could send us to the theaters in droves if he directed Wonder Woman....

Anyway....Let Batman end here, it's hard to pull of a trilogy

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter

Indeed, my state doesn't have a single IMAX theater showing it, so I won't be seeing TDK in IMAX. In fact doing a quick search I see it opened on a whopping 94 IMAX screens. That's a record BTW.

94 IMAX screens vs. 9200 regular ones. I appreciate Nolan's thirst for large format but reading that now I'm upset he would compromise the film for so much of the audience. And I'd be far more upset if that was done for an entire film.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
I didn't pick up on this during the movie (I'm not good with names), but I think it was done on purpose. Bruce Wayne's somewhat disgruntled employee who went to the press with his secret identity was named Mr. Reese.

Mr. Reese = Mysteries. THE RIDDLER!

I don't think it was done for anything more than fans to speculate over, but I think it's cool none the less.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
just for the level of detail alone, film it in IMAX, then convert it to standard, sort of like the Cinerama experience or seeing epics like lawrence of arabia in 70mm

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Some may want them to stop, but after the money this one racks in, Warner will make another. Let's hope they give Nolan a free arm to at least finish a great trilogy.

I'm hoping there's not a replacement Joker. Having a stand alone 3rd storyline with a different villain is better. The Magneto storyline through 3 X-men movies was just too much.

Perhaps Two-Face returns and winds up killing the parents of Grayson like the comics. Batman could train his replacement which will be Nightwing by the end of the movie.

I'd vote against Penguin. He's just too cartoony. Catwoman has possibilities, but her character really isn't threatening enough to warrant a big showdown.

Whatever they do, I just hope they don't go the Spiderman 3 route and cram in a dozen different stories and villains.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
How about a World's Finest with him teaming with Supes? I would love to see Nolan take a crack at it.

troy evans

Screenwriter
I think the best solution is to introduce Harlee Quinn. You have the continuation of the Joker and the female element all in one. Also, put Poison Ivy in the film for the double threat. Based on the animated series she dated Two-Face. He can be the man behind the action in the third film. Or, did they just set him up for nothing? If your going to have Robin then the name of the film should be Batman: Legacy. Just my thoughts.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I'd call it

The Edge Of The Abyss
Because that's where this character is going to be at the begining of the next film after the events in TDK. One of the major conflicts he would have at this point would logically be with himself. The end of the film would be his decison to either back away from the edge or fully throw himself in.
Its a shame Ledger is gone, because I can easily see a scene where a doubting Batman sneaks in to Arkham to have a private dialouge with his evil opposite (mr J) as a unspoken way of regaining/maintaining his perspective on the verge of what might be a nervous breakdown- which is something that the Joker can immediately sense and frustrate by interacting with him in an exceedingly calm and rationale manner- denying him an easy perspective/conscience fix.

I remember after Spider-man 2, Raimi said they first had to figure out where Pete was now as a character and that would determine the choice of villans that would best serve the whole. Instead they went after meaningless spectacle and fanboy fellating favorites. I hope Nolan has more balls and if he thinks it's neccessary to dial the next movie down to little more than a glorified character study, he follows that instinct thru.
The play's the thing.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
How about two villians, one male and one female. My idea for the female villian would be Catwoman with Angelina Jolie. With Rachel Dawes dead, the sexual tension between Catwoman and Batman could be something to explore by the Nolans.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Because the Dark Knight hasn't gone anywhere. He's not returning. The title is perfect for that story, because it's literal. And I think it should be saved for when they actually do make that film. Which is almost inevitable at this point (in what form is unknown), with Watchmen hitting next year.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter

Agreed. I'd love if they adapted it in this continuity years from now, in the same way they "adapted" year one for Begins. It would obviously need change but all the major themes could still be there.

PatrickDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Patrick
Look, I hate to break it to you guys, but WB isn't going to let this end at three. They know this series is fully back to life (100%) and want to get as much money from it as possible. If that means replacing Nolan and/or Bale because they won't to do more than three, then so be it as far as WB is concerned.

Now, as for the third film, I think the "Clock King" would be a good fit for the world of Gotham City they've created in this series. He's a loner, sick of people walking over him, not respecting him, low level lawyer or bureaucrat in a corrupting environment. He feels more moral, ethical, and intelligent than the vast majority of Gotham City. In addition, Mr. Nolan has shown a great deal of interest in messing with time (i.e. Memento and even The Prestige). Johnny Depp would be perfect. As for the Joker, I'd take Jonathan Rhys-Meyers as a good replacement for Ledger.

Brad M

Second Unit
I posted this in the TDK discussion forum so why not put it here too?

With Batman on the run from the law, it would be an excellent opportunity to have Superman come over to Gotham to have a little talk with him. Could even be a springboard to a real Justice League movie.

I know many want Batman to stay away from something like that but if DC wants to put the Justice League movie together this would generate interest. Anything is possible right now.

Pete-D

Screenwriter

I don't think Nolan would go for that angle.

I'm sure the Warner suits would love that Justice League angle but the best thing the Warner suits can do right now is let Nolan do whatever he wants and stay the heck away from tampering with it.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

True. But, if they let Nolan keep control. I would love to see his approach. We just saw how the Joker and Bats are two sides of the coin (no pun intended). We can take it even further by showing Superman. Who while both have the same goals....Are complete opposites in approach. With the law looking for Bats. Supes could come in and at first be hunting him. Then they team up to go after the true villain.

On a side note. A movie review show had an interview with Bale. I didn't see it. But, they did say in the promo for it that he does NOT want to hang up the batsuit. :D

MikeRS

Screenwriter

I meant calling it.....

Hunt The Dark Knight

(ie:the title of issue 3 of TDK

htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks