What's new

Batman Begins Deluxe edition problematic (1 Viewer)

JoePassmore

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I exchanged my BB on my way home from work and I'm still having freezing problems. This is maddening. Anyone have suggestions for a new player?

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit

It was pretty seamless on the players I watched it on but I believe it was the scene where Alfred wakes up Bruce and shows him the day's paper. At the beginning of the scene Bruce wakes up and lay's there still for a few seconds. I think the layer change was during this shot. I don't have the dvd on hand so I can't give you the timecode.

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Best Buy might have sold out of the Deluxe Edition quickly because of the *exclusive* Best Buy ony cover. When I got to the store they only had 3 copies left and by the time it took me to look at another title they were all history. Tons of the single disc though. Plan on watching mine tonight. Hoping for no problems. :emoji_thumbsup:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Played fine on my Panny RP-82 but the menu wouldn't let me select the French language, only the no subtitles, odd.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Watched Friday on my Panny RP-91, no problems.

Part way through the movie I was uninspired by the surround sound, then realized that somehow my receiver had been set to 2-channel stereo. There was no surround sound. :b

DanRevill

Agent
Okay, so I bought a cleaning disc and ran it through. The film played fine last night, so hopefully no more problems...I haven't really gone through all of the second disc yet though.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just for the record...I watched it last night on my Toshiba SD-1600 (an early mchine known for a number of incompatibilities)...and all went well.

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
in the uk i have seen alot of scratched and marked mint discs.
some have white marks on them like the mgm discs that leaked the glue

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
What I want to know is, what holographic cover? :confused: I saw tons of DE's at my local Saturday Matinee store and none had such a cover. :confused:

Anyway, my dad and I watched the DE Friday night on my Sony DVP-NS50P and experienced zero glitches.

One hell of a movie! I want me a Tumbler for Christmas! :)

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Best Buy had an exclusive holographic cover for the 2 disc Deluxe Edition. No other stores had it but Best Buy. Of course you paid a little extra for the option of having this cover as opposed to the other stores carring this set. Circuit City, Walmart, Target, etc.
Played mine tonight through my Sony SLV-D350P dual deck without incident. :emoji_thumbsup:

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Technically, it's lenticular not a hologram/holograph.

Costco price for the regular cover is $21.59. Best Buy price for the limited edition cover is $22.99. Not too much of a price premium.

Also, skipped through the pic (but did NOT go through the layer change) last night on an older Sony DVP-NS300 and experienced no playback issues.

-p

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Rented this disc this weekend and had no problems on my Pioneer, PS2 or old Pioneer DVD/LD player......my old Yamaha player in the dining room however shut off at the layer change, but that has always been a finicky player.

Shane_M

Stunt Coordinator
I had a problem with mine on a Pioneer player (can't remember the modem #) about 3/4 of the way through. I have three players so I tried the same spot on a Polaroid portable player and it froze at the same spot, and a crappy all-in-one system I have and the same deal.

It played fine in my DVDROM though. So, I tried cleaning it and it didn't improve the playing. I returned it to Wal-Mart and they were sold out and every other store in town was as well. So I ordered it from Amazon and it plays fine on all players now.

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
I was playing the one-disc widescreen edition and the player refused to switch from Chapter 11 to Chapter 12 unless you select Chapter 12 manually from Scene Selection. :thumbsdown: I'm going to check this on my Panasonic DVD-S35 and if it fails there I'm sending the disc back for a replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks