What's new

Batman Begins - Blu-ray - 7/8/08 (1 Viewer)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
To rebuy on BD??? That is the question. This was the movie that sold me an HD-DVD player in Fall 2006. And it served me faithfully.

Based on what the release entails, I am game. New transfer, good enough. New extras, good enough :)

It won't take much.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
For consistency's sake, if you want both films, plus any future releases or the previous four, your only HD choice is Blu-ray.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
I have this on HD DVD, but count me in for the "Gift set":

"..includes a Batman Begins motion art lenticular, exclusive photos, script pages, storyboards, five collectible Batman Begins postcards and $7.50 in movie cash toward a Dark Knight ticket. Both the standalone version and gift set Blu-ray releases include an exclusive comic book prologue to The Dark Knight."

This is the way to do it. Re-release the film with at least some additional goodies. Easier to double-dip.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I'll be upgrading to the BD - might as well do it now. Once my XA-2 craps out that's the end of HD DVD in my house.

I'll pass on the gift set though. comic book, collectable cards, toy action figure, utility belt? no thanks.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Utility Belt? Really?!?! Count me in! :D

I'm a sucker for Batman so I'll definitely be picking up the gift set. Plus it will save me the price of the ticket when I go see The Dark Knight so it's virtually a wash.

And I'm just as excited about the Gotham Knight animated blu-ray release which is scheduled to drop the same day. From what I've seen it looks really good.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron

I've since sold off my HD-DVD along with my entire collection so I welcome this on Blu.

I bet it's a very short time that we see all the exclusive titles on HD-DVD making it over to Blu.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Only if it's leather...Only if it's leather...:D

So now the question remains, is Warner going to do a recode, or are they going to use the same encode as the HD version?

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I don't think there will be a remastering of this title. I'm betting it will look and sound exactly the same as the HD version. If WB does go back and improve the picture and sound quality, however, I'll gladly re-buy it.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I'll take that bet (once you define "very short time"). No surprise for Batman Begins, but I doubt Grand Prix, The Sting, Mutiny on the Bounty (1962) or The Adventures of Robin Hood are "blu" in a "very short time" (for the sake of those who haven't seen these in hi-def, I'll be glad to be wrong, but I won't hold my breath). So I'll keep my discs and players for now.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

I doubt that they´re going to do new encoding/mastering, even when they´ve that 50gb now in use (I personally assume, that most of these transfers that were released on both formats was made with "max 30gb" in mind..). Then again, since the title already looks "great", I´m happy with that.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I was always going to be in for this whenever it came to BD. Throw in some extra goodies to keep me busy before The Dark Knight comes out and a limited edition gift set? I'm SO at the store Tuesday morning!

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Yikes, I can't believe we're already talking about new encoding/remastering for HD already! I understand for audio if the first version didn't get a lossless track but would it matter for video???

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Actually, the HD-DVD has a Dolby TrueHD track. And the video was top-notch, and I can't imagine it looking any better.

Anyway, I'm buying the limited edition set simply for all the cool stuff in it. I figure I'd end up replacing my HD-DVD version someday, so I might as well go ahead when I can get a cool set.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

You're right, my bad. I guess cuz where my HD DVD player is located, it's plain old DD 5.1 via bitstream into an old Denon 3802 and not in the HT room where it should be. Time to rearrange...

I agree about the video...great stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks