What's new

Batman anthology 1989-1997 UHD Blu Ray in June!!! (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Same here. I will be doing so by the end of the year though. Plus I love the fact they are upgrading the blu rays in the individual discs too!

Agreed - that's a huge incentive for me to start purchasing now. If they had released just a remastered UHD, no sale for me at this time. If they had released just a remastered Blu-ray on its own, no sale for me (I don't want to rebuy more Blu-rays of the same titles if there's a UHD version that I'll one day be upgrading to). But putting them both in the same package, along with a digital code? Sold!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Agreed - that's a huge incentive for me to start purchasing now. If they had released just a remastered UHD, no sale for me at this time. If they had released just a remastered Blu-ray on its own, no sale for me (I don't want to rebuy more Blu-rays of the same titles if there's a UHD version that I'll one day be upgrading to). But putting them both in the same package, along with a digital code? Sold!

November is looking like a good time for me to jump in on UHd. I think TCL will have some good Black Friday sales. Also LG UHd Blu Ray player has been as low as $150-160.

I love these older Batman films. I think Returns is my favorite score from the films. I was 14 when Batman 89 came out so I guess these films have stuck with me. I loved Adam west Batman as a kid too. I never read the comics but thanks to the movies I read some of the more famous ones.

All 4 are essential films for me. I watch them at least once a year. More than I can say of other films in my collection!!!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Though they’re not my favorite Batman films, I will always have a soft spot for them. My parents wouldn’t let me see the ‘89 film in theaters (I was 6, I understand why now) but I begged them over and over to let me see it when the video came out and they finally did. I saw Returns and all the other ones in theaters!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm actually considering getting this: https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie-collection/superman-batman-11-film-set/id1454564031 on iTunes as it contains all five Supermans and the four Batmans for $45 or $5/film. You get Superman in 4K and in June the four Batmans should automatically upgrade to 4K. And then you would be future-proofed for 4K versions of Superman 2-4 and Superman Returns whenever that happens. If you are only interested in the four Batman films then there is this: https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie-collection/id885658599 for $25.
However one word of warning, in purchasing bundles at iTunes you get the films in 4K when available and free 4K upgrades, however bundled films DO NOT import in 4K to Movies Anywhere. I really wish they would fix that, because a 4K purchase should count as a 4K purchase regardless of whether or not it is in a bundle.
I took advantage of that iTunes pricing which has now gone up. The Batman titles should get their free 4K upgrades when each of those 4K discs are released.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Though they’re not my favorite Batman films, I will always have a soft spot for them. My parents wouldn’t let me see the ‘89 film in theaters (I was 6, I understand why now) but I begged them over and over to let me see it when the video came out and they finally did. I saw Returns and all the other ones in theaters!

Yeah. My oldest is 6 and the Batman films aren’t on the radar yet. We talk about them and listen to the soundtracks. We love Adam west Batman and we loved the LEGO Batman movie too.
Those are more our speed.
They have seen a few of the animated series episodes too.
Batman gets pretty dark quick so there’s no rush to watch most of it.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
WPIX in NY started showing the 60s show when the ‘89 movie came out - my parents showed that to me and I looooved it! (Still do!) Here’s the funny part - they told me the show was exactly the same as the ‘89 movie. Liars! :D

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
WPIX in NY started showing the 60s show when the ‘89 movie came out - my parents showed that to me and I looooved it! (Still do!) Here’s the funny part - they told me the show was exactly the same as the ‘89 movie. Liars! :D

My brother and I were supposed to wait to see Batman 89 with my mom. Of course we went early without her. Jerk moment for sure.

My boys and I also play the Batman LEGO wii games. It uses the elfman music. A lot of the villain and story teaming is similar to the films but the stories are different. Two face and riddler are in a level against Batman and robin for example.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I took advantage of that iTunes pricing which has now gone up. The Batman titles should get their free 4K upgrades when each of those 4K discs are released.

I bought Superman on iTunes a few months ago.
Found out that doesn’t contain the original sound fx track that is on the 4K disc so I returned it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I bought Superman on iTunes a few months ago.
Found out that doesn’t contain the original sound fx track so returned it.
Was the return to iTunes much of a problem? Did you call a number or contacted them online?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I wonder why Warner put out a new remastered regular Blu-ray with the UHD for the upcoming Batman movies, GoodFellas, Unforgiven, 2001 and some others, but only the already existing Blu-ray for Superman. That was a bummer.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Was the return to iTunes much of a problem? Did you call a number or contacted them online?

I don’t remember. I think I used some kind of problem reporting feature at apple.com. They gave me the refund without asking why i wanted it.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I haven’t bought it yet but am watching the price. I think $50 is the regular price for that bundle. I’ll jump on it if it drops to $40 or less.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
I wonder why Warner put out a new remastered regular Blu-ray with the UHD for the upcoming Batman movies, GoodFellas, Unforgiven, 2001 and some others, but only the already existing Blu-ray for Superman. That was a bummer.

They probably decided that there was little to no improvement between the transfers when downrezzed to 1080 in that case.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
They probably decided that there was little to no improvement between the transfers when downrezzed to 1080 in that case.
Except that the Blu-ray was one of the earliest ones that WB released and the encoding on it wasn't great. It would still be an improvement. Honestly, I'm sure it comes down to saving money.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Except that the Blu-ray was one of the earliest ones that WB released and the encoding on it wasn't great. It would still be an improvement. Honestly, I'm sure it comes down to saving money.

It's the 2012 disc that's in the box though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks