What's new

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Based loosely on the iconic 1988 DC Comic Series also title A Death In the Family, Batman (Bruce Greenwood) and his second ward Jason Todd, aka Robin (Vincent Martella) follow The Joker (John DiMaggio) to Bosnia to disrupt a weapons sale. When they split up, Robin confronts the Joker alone and is killed off, with Batman unable to save him in time. There are a variety of twists and turns that bring classic characters into play, including Raz Al Ghul, Talia Al Ghul, Red Hood, Two Face, Superman and more. In this release, DC implements an interesting “Choose Your Own Adventure” format that allows fans to play “What If” and determine key plot lines in wildly different directions, including whether Jason dies in the first place (Which the 1988 series determined via fan voting!).
Batman-Death-in-the-Family-Interactive.jpg

Batman: Death in the Family (2020)

Released: 13...

Continue reading...

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Just watched the streaming, non interactive version last night. Somehow I missed this was five shorts and not one Batman movie. Out of the five, the only one I felt no connection to was the Phantom Stranger short: there was nothing there for me to grab onto and be interested in.

Otherwise, my favorite was Death. It is depressing and dark, but the ending redeems the entire short story. I can imagine an artist or person of any stripe having the demons talk to them and tell them they’re not good enough. I’ve been there before. And the only real way to get rid of them is to do what it is you want to do and continue to do it.

This is a good way to introduce these lesser characters to a mass audience; none can support a full movie, though. With Batman as the anchor, at least they get their moment to shine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks