Pre-Order Batman 4 Film Collection (4k UHD) Available for Preorder

Josh Steinberg

Film Editor
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Would you mind peaking at the included standard BDs? I’m curious how much of an improvement there is just from the previous ones.

Reactions: Osato

Colin Jacobson

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Would you mind peaking at the included standard BDs? I’m curious how much of an improvement there is just from the previous ones.
I don't have the old BDs so I can't make direct comparisons.

At least for the 1st 2, I'd suspect most of the improvements are format-related. I thought the old BDs of those 2 looked pretty good, so I'd be surprised if the new BDs offered any revelations.

I didn't think much of the transfers for "Forever" and "Robin", though, so I'll be curious to see how much those improve. Maybe the old BDs represented the source accurately, but I didn't feel they presented good visuals!

TheBat

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
a clip from the remastered blu rays. Batman 1989

Jacob

Lord Dalek

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Well that one guy who came and went a decade ago should be happy I guess.

Worth

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Seems as though the first film only contains a remix with new sound effects.

Osato

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Another review of 1989 is on blu ray .com

Is it ok to post those here??

Josh Steinberg

Film Editor
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I'm really torn between getting these now or waiting for the box in September. Logically, I should just wait. The box set will have identical content and will be cheaper. But I'm kinda excited about watching these movies again now, and my schedule is jam packed around the release date for the box set. Basically, I've got the time now to watch them and I'm not sure if I will then. Of course, it's not like I wouldn't have free time again in the future, but... yeah. The practical me says wait, the impulsive me says order.

I haven't been really tracking how UHD pricing fluctuates since I haven't purchased many UHD titles. Does anyone know if the $25ish price for each single that Amazon has now is about as good as it gets for UHD releases like this, or are they likely to drop more soon after release?

dpippel

HTF Premium Member
Premium
Real Name
Doug
I'm really torn between getting these now or waiting for the box in September. Logically, I should just wait. The box set will have identical content and will be cheaper. But I'm kinda excited about watching these movies again now, and my schedule is jam packed around the release date for the box set. Basically, I've got the time now to watch them and I'm not sure if I will then. Of course, it's not like I wouldn't have free time again in the future, but... yeah. The practical me says wait, the impulsive me says order.

I haven't been really tracking how UHD pricing fluctuates since I haven't purchased many UHD titles. Does anyone know if the $25ish price for each single that Amazon has now is about as good as it gets for UHD releases like this, or are they likely to drop more soon after release?
Since these are older catalog titles, I'd be willing to bet we'll see them hit $19.99 or less long before the box set release date in mid-September.

Reactions: Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Film Editor
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Since these are older catalog titles, I'd be willing to bet we'll see them hit $19.99 or less long before the box set release date in mid-September.
OK, so maybe I won't preorder but will keep them in my cart / watch out for price drops. At $20 each, that would be $80 for all four, which I could live with.

Osato

Producer
Senior HTF Member
OK, so maybe I won't preorder but will keep them in my cart / watch out for price drops. At $20 each, that would be $80 for all four, which I could live with.
Bill hunt believe the $90 tag for the box set will be 30% or so when it hits in September.

I’m going to wait for the box set.
November is looking to be an expensive month for me. Just going to save cash, gift cards and sell stuff until then. I even listed my old 55” Panasonic plasma as well.

The reviews are not helping my patience though. : )

Can’t wait to read the other reviews!!

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Batman-4K-Blu-ray/230456/#Review

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/item/batman-1989-uhd

Josh Steinberg

Film Editor
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Bill hunt believe the $90 tag for the box set will be 30% or so when it hits in September.
I'm sure he's right. I'd expect the box around $60 in September - but if I can get the four singles now for $80, I'd probably jump on that. $100 is too much, though.

Reactions: Osato and dpippel

Osato

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Has anyone picked up the expanded elfman Batman set from la la land? It’s on sale..

https://lalalandrecords.com/danny-elfman-batman-collection-the-limited-edition-4-cd-set/

I'm sure he's right. I'd expect the box around $60 in September - but if I can get the four singles now for $80, I'd probably jump on that. $100 is too much, though.
I’m content to wait it out. These will be the first titles I buy for my UHd upgrade.

I just ordered the elfman set. $46.28 with shipping. Shipping was $8?

Osato

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Which one will you watch first?

I actually watched them all over the winter. Like I said I watch these films at least once a year.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wombat