What's new

Bates Motel and Psycho house on Google Earth (1 Viewer)

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I suppose this is movie related.

Go on Google Earth, click the "Fly To" tab in the upper left-hand corner, and copy and paste in these coordinates:

34 08 11 N, 118 20' 48 W

Hit enter, and it will zoom in on Universal City. Then you can manually zoom in further, and you have an overhead view of the Psycho House on the bottom, with the steps leading down to the L-shaped Bates Motel above. The navigational marker should be almost directly over the steps. It's pretty cool. You can even see the Bates Motel sign in the upper right-hand corner.

The white blob on the left is the Whoville set from Ron Howard's "Grinch" movie.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Follow these coordinates and then zoom straight in to view the Munsters' house (not far from the Bates Motel), recognizable by its circular tower:

34 08'20.65 N, 118 20'44.81 W

I think the Cleaver household is directly across the street, but it's kind of in shadow, so I'm not sure which one it is.

And here's a link to some helicopter images of this street, Colonial Drive, where many famous TV houses reside on the Universal backlot -- Beaver, Andy Griffith, Desperate Housewives, etc.

http://www.1164.com/universal/aerial...ive/index.html

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
Not really movie related...but 32 10 03.67 N 110 51 28.07 W is the military airplane graveyard in Tucson, AZ. Kinf of cool...especially knowing that all of those old planes and be taken out of storage and brought into service again, if any mass future conflict needed, in relatively a short amount of time.

I guess it is kind of movie related...wasn't this used in the movie "Can't Buy Me Love"...which was filmed in Tucson.

:)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Those links to the Universal lot are very cool, thanks for posting it. Somebody really likes Bewitched! The Munster house looks totally different without all the set dressing to make it look like the Munster house!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks