What's new

Bat Masterson - Season 1 Volumes 1&2 (1 Viewer)

BrianHass

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian Hassel
Well, I've been watching Bat Masterson every morning this week before I head to work and I've really been enjoying the episodes.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by BrianHass /t/323503/bat-masterson-season-1-volumes-1-2#post_3971714
Well, I've been watching Bat Masterson every morning this week before I head to work and I've really been enjoying the episodes.
I discovered the show on the This TV network, and I got hooked. I think it still airs on weekday mornings. I even DVR'd a few episodes, but they were 22-minute versions, so they are either timesped or edited--I couldn't tell.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
THISTV has been showing Bat Masterson for the last three or four years and I made a half hearted effort to record some episodes also, but lost interest because of the odd schedule and they were skipping episodes, not that this show had much continuity. I like the show and am happy to buy it on DVD.
So I hope TGG continues with the whole series. I don't have a Walmart in my line of travel, so I looked around online, and can still only find volume one. I could not find it at the Walmart site. It's $19.95 at Critic"s Choice, plus postage. That is a lot for 12 episodes.
The lowest online price I have found for Volume 1 is $9.95 at importcds.com. $12.94 with postage and handling.

Kneeteartap

Auditioning
Real Name
Pepperwinkle P.H.D.
I saw a couple of BAT volume 2's in the Walmart dump bin the other day but didn't grab 'em because I didn't realize they were from TGG and assumed they were bootleg crap. I went back the next day and they were gone but I did find FROM NOON TILL THREE from TGG which I didn't see there the day before.
I'm not familiar with BAT MASTERSON but , for $5.00 I'll give it a try , if I find it again.

BrianHass

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian Hassel
Here are the covers for those interested
985421b2_Bat1Front.jpeg

398d7fdd_Bat1Back.jpeg

a61d2bcd_Bat2Front.jpeg

625543de_Bat2Back.jpeg

And I also Picked up In The Heat of the Night: First Season
2c808c0f_InTheHeatoftheNight-Front.jpeg

9c29f2f2_InTheHeatoftheNight-Back.jpeg

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Didn't see any at my local Wally's today (Daytona Beach, Florida) but I put a pair of "Dealer Cards" I obtained last week to good use, picking up two toys (One for a girl, One for a Boy), these will be donated to my Church's Christmas Toy Drive this December. :D

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by BrianHass /t/323503/bat-masterson-season-1-volumes-1-2#post_3972047
Here are the covers for those interested

Thanks for posting the covers. I wonder if www.tvshowsondvd.com is going to do a news bit on these?
TGG seems similar to Millcreek, and they posted news bits when Millcreek released That '70s Show, Roseanne, and 21 Jump Street, etc.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Notice the Small print on the back of these DVD "distributed by TGC Direct LLC under licence from TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX and Metro Goldwyn Mayer Studios, inc."
It's a sub-licence apparently.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
DeWilson said:
Notice the Small print on the back of these DVD "distributed by TGC Direct LLC under licence from TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX and Metro Goldwyn Mayer Studios, inc."
It's a sub-licence apparently.
Fox has been distributing MGM's stuff since 2006. And Sony did the distributing for a few years before that.

skees53

Agent
Real Name
David
I'm not even sure that it was a full year, honestly. Sony began a relationship with MGM in late 2004, but it wasn't until around mid (or late) 2005 that they started handling the distribution on DVD. The only TV releases that I can recall which came out from MGM under Sony are Green Acres S3 and Fame S1, both of which were released in November and December 2005. Green Acres S2 was released in March 2005 under the pre-Sony MGM, and by May 2006, Fox took over the MGM stuff. Interestingly enough, I've seen the Fox name retroactively appear on the pre-Sony MGM titles, and of course it appears on the May 2006 and beyond stuff, but as for the very few releases that came out during the Sony/MGM period, those all still have Sony on the packaging.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
The Obsolete Man said:
Fox has been distributing MGM's stuff since 2006....
Yep, i know that, i'm just surprised it apparently is a sub-licence type thing.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
skees53 said:
I'm not even sure that it was a full year, honestly. Sony began a relationship with MGM in late 2004, but it wasn't until around mid (or late) 2005 that they started handling the distribution on DVD. The only TV releases that I can recall which came out from MGM under Sony are Green Acres S3 and Fame S1, both of which were released in November and December 2005. Green Acres S2 was released in March 2005 under the pre-Sony MGM, and by May 2006, Fox took over the MGM stuff. Interestingly enough, I've seen the Fox name retroactively appear on the pre-Sony MGM titles, and of course it appears on the May 2006 and beyond stuff, but as for the very few releases that came out during the Sony/MGM period, those all still have Sony on the packaging.
Stargate SG1 in the repackaged thinpaks have Sony logos on 'em through season 8.
They've also been rereleased by Fox in a couple different versions.
And, I'm sure MGM released most of the seasons themselves, also... especially the big collector's sets.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
DeWilson said:
Yep, i know that, i'm just surprised it apparently is a sub-licence type thing.
The sublicense aspect of it probably is deceiving. In the typical license case, a company like Shout wants to release a show and goes to the owner to license it. In the MGM/Fox case, I think what Fox is doing is more of providing a service to MGM by handling their retail releases. As part of that relationship, Fox is probably the sublicesensor of all or part of MGM's library. However, rather than Fox paying MGM, I think Fox is just getting a cut of whatever it can get for the items in MGM's library, including any fee paid by TGG Direct.

BrianHass

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian Hassel
Head on over to tvshowsondvd for some new news on the show. Haven't seen an episode list yet, so we can't determine if it's just a best of set or in season order.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
It's still too early to figure what TGG's plan is with these big boxs. But it would not be out of the question for them to continue with the in order 12 episode DVD season volumes and still have the big box sets.
BAT MASTERSON would need 9, 11-12 episode, volumes, altogether, to complete the series.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
We don't have an episode list for the forthcoming set, but the In The Heat of the Night set from the same company does not include any episodes from the first season, which was released separately. If we assume that they will make the same decision with Bat Masterson, we will have almost the entire series out by next month. (The first 24 episodes plus the 64 episodes in the new set will make 88 out of 108 episodes.) Let's hope they get those last 20 out soon.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
This is the list of episodes for the 24-hour marathon set. I found it at the amazon site under editorial reviews.
I don't know if these are in order or random.
EPISODES:
Double Showdown, Two Graves For Swan Valley, Dynamite Blows Two Ways, Stampede at Tent City, The Fighter, Bear Bait, A Noose Fits Anybody, Dude's Folly, The Treasure of Worry Hill, Cheyenne Club, General Sherman's March Through Dodge City, Trail Pirate, Double Trouble in Trinidad, Election Day, One Bullet From Broken Bow, A Personal Matter, License to Cheat, Sharpshooter, River Boat, Battle of the Pass, Marked Deck, Incident in Leadville, The Tumbleweed Wagon, Brunette Bombshell, Canvas and the Cane, Wanted Dead, To The Manner Born, No Funeral for Thorn, Shakedown at St. Joe, Death and Taxes, Six Feet of Gold, Cattle and Canes, Disappearance of Bat Masterson, The Snare, Three Bulletts for Bat, Come Out Fighting, Stage to Nowhere, Welcome to Paradise, Barbary Castle, Gold is Where You Steal It, Bat Trap, The Rage of Princess Anne, The Hunter, Murder Can Be Dangerous, High Card Loses, Dakota Showdown, Lady Plays Her Hand, Price of Paradise, Prescott Campaign, Run For Your Money, Episode in Eden, The Good and the Bad, No Amnesty for Death, Ledger of Guilt, Meeting at Mimbres, Valley of Death, The Fourth Man, The Marble Slab, Fatal Garment, Lady Luck, The Inner Circle, Who'll Buy My Violence?

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Thank you for posting the list. They are not all in order, although the first 24 are. Unlike the In The Heat of the Night set from TGG, this one does duplicate the earlier releases. So getting this new set will eliminate the need to seek out the two 12-episode sets. This set includes 62 episodes from among all three seasons (though weighted toward the earlier ones), leaving 46 unreleased thus far.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Rats, I was hoping the big box would not duplicate the 12 episode volumes. Luckily I was only able to buy Vol 1 online, so buying the big box won't be a huge double-dip for me.
Amazon is also showing a big box from TGG for THE YOUNG RIDERS. Looks like 32 episodes. TGG also released two, Best of Young Riders volumes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks