What's new

Bass Trap question (1 Viewer)

Blaine_M

Second Unit
Vaughan,

I got to sit down and do some listening last night. I think the imaging is a little better now than without the traps. The bass is tighter, but not a huge difference however it is a noticable difference.

Vaughan Odendaal

Second Unit
I'm glad there was an audible improvement with just a 2 inch air gap. Keep in mind that Ethan Winer (Real Traps) recommends an even greater air gap of 4-8 " !

The greater the air gap the better the panels will absorb. Just experiment. Keep us updated.

--Sincerely,

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Enough of those "slight" noticeable differences is what seperates your system from the masses. :)

They really do add up...

Blaine_M

Second Unit
Roberto,

No not really still using them and my wife is still wanting to throw them away. My opinion is still the same, they make a difference, not a huge difference, but a noticable one.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Too much treatment (absorb type) makes a room dead. Makes it sound acoustically "stuffy" as if your ears are plugged or your'e in a recording studio.

Sure you'll hear ALL the direct sound from the speaker, but there will be no environmental interaction with that sound. With no environmental ambience or room effect it might actually reduce the "perfect illusion" that audiophiles try so hard to reproduce.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks