Bass Shakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by DanielKellmii, Feb 6, 2004.

1. DanielKellmii

DanielKellmii Supporting Actor

I am going to get some bass shakers and I have some questions. How much does splitting the signal from the sub-woffer output affect the sub-woffers performance. Also, do I need to put some kind of filter to prevent the Bass Shakers from getting a signal beyond their frequency range? Is there something built in? I am planning on using a cheap reciever that is dedicated to powering the Bass Shakers.

2. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

I'm not an electronics "expert" but I've never noticed any change in my sub output regardless of shakers on or off...........

If you split your sub signal out of your receiver, then you already have filtering...... personally I use a cheap parts express sub amp and have no problems.... but some do use an old receiver.... just make sure it will allow through-put of the whole frequency to your shakers.

Once set up, you're gonna enjoy the extra that shakers provide. I've run mine for 2 or 3 years now and love em..... most of my friends and HT buddies around here have them also........... one of the best returns for a buck I've added .......

3. Mike_Skeway

Mike_Skeway Second Unit

You wont notice any difference when splitting the signal. Since it is split from the sub output it will get the same frequencies as the sub so you should be fine.

4. DanielKellmii

DanielKellmii Supporting Actor

Thanks for the answers. That is so obvious I should have seen it. I am trying to go REALLY cheap, so the parts express subwoffer is not in my plans, but if I need to, I will use it.