What's new

bass shakers (1 Viewer)

tom derby

Agent
I was looking to get some bass shakers from partsexpress.com not the pro models but the less expensive ones. The blurb about them says they do not require much power at all to run them. My question is this: Even though it would not be an ideal hookup, could i run them off of my B speaker output? It would be cheaper than buying an amp, and i could easily turn them on and off when i wanted to use them. They hook up just like regular speakers. Would this work? If not i could use an old sony receiver i have but i am unsure of how that connects. Could anyone explain that to me? Use small words please, i'm just starting in this hobby.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I know this is an old post but I was looking into bass shakers and found it.

At least with my receiver, when the "B" set is activated it kicks everything into stereo mode. So if you have both "A" and "B" activated you will only get left and right of each, not center or surrounds. Not sure if this is the same with other receivers. If surround were maintained I don't see why it wouldn't work!

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Yeah, you CAN use the B channel but you'd be sending the full spectrum to the shakers whereas, they should only be receiving the "subwoofer" signal.......
My rec is go ahead and get one of the small sub amps from partsexpress, along with 2 "pro" model shakers, split your sub signal to the amp; you'll be very pleased and have a lot less headaches......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks