What's new

bass shakers (1 Viewer)

Stephen_Rob

Stunt Coordinator
I live in an apartment and have been warned about my music
would these let me turn my sub down and still get something from movies. what is the best way to power them.

Mike Keith

Second Unit
Absolutely, this is what I would do, I have 4 in my couch and I don't feel the need to turn up the volume near as much I do with out them.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

You could look for any of the following to power the bass shakers:

1) An old stereo receiver
2) An old power amplifier
3) A "pro audio" power amplifier
4) A monoblock amplifier

I think the Aura shaker pro was the best $25 I spent in this hobby. I have four of them wired in series/parallel to the spare channel of a Crown K2 and they really compliment my system for watching movies. Now that I have experienced this level, I am getting ready to spring for a Buttkicker 2 and see what lies in the nether regions since the Auras have considerably less infrasonic potential.

Bob Kavanaugh

Second Unit

Well, they come in pairs, and require only 25 watts each. I have a pair that I run off of an old receiver turned way down. One in each recliner is enough for me. They really add that tactile sensation to explosions and gunshots.

George B.

Auditioning
I have a Denon 1804 with some Bose speakers at the moment (will upgrade to a paradigm set of Studio 100's or Monitors with a sub.

I want to get some of these bass shakers...where and how do I hook them up...maybe use 2 of them..Will these replace the sub-woofer of the Bose...

In a post by Wayne Ernst, he says to power these bass shakers using an old stereo receiver...so how will these bass shakers get it's signal from the 1804 receiver...

I am a newbie and a little bit confused...

Thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks