What's new

bass shakers (1 Viewer)

Vinny Petronio

Stunt Coordinator
Want to add some bass shakers to my seating area and would like some help as to what brand and type is best, came across aura brand on ebay two of them with amps I no nothing about this brand or how good they are.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Do a search and you'll find plenty of info on hookups and options.

Aura Pros coupled with a Parts Express sub amp are probably the most popular and provide a great "feel" for HT......

Thomas J. Coyle III

Stunt Coordinator
Vinny,

If you have a moderate budget, go with the Aura Bass Shaker Pros from PE and use an existing amp or buy an Audiosource Amp 5.1. If you have a big budget, go with a ButtKicker HT transducer and their 1000wrms amp to drive it. I have both setups. I have four Aura bass shakers being driven by an Amp 5.1 and they provide plenty of tactile motion IMHO. I also have a ButtKicker setup for comparison purposes. It is very powerful and can easily out do the Auras, but might be overkill in some instances. Both setups work quite well. Just depends on your budget.
Regards,
TCIII

Marv

Stunt Coordinator
Thomas, I'm glad to see a direct comparison of the Aura's and the BK. Would you have a rough guess as how many Aura's it would take to equal a BK in impact? Or is it hard to compare them because of the Aura's high Fs and some say an very uneven response?

Thanks,

-Marv G

John H

Second Unit
Would you have a rough guess as how many Aura's it would take to equal a BK in impact?
The Aura's and the RBH's have a huge peak around 45Hz. This might be what is associated with their impact. I used an equalizer to smooth mine somewhat. The BK is relatively flat. My BK arrangement has extremely potent output down to 10Hz. I use a 20Hz lowpass on their signal.

No matter what TT manufacture fits into your budget, IMO a properly installed and calibrated tactile transducer arrangemnt can only add to your HT enjoyment experience.

John

Matthew-K

Stunt Coordinator
Aura Pros coupled with a Parts Express sub amp are probably the most popular and provide a great "feel" for HT......
I agree. I wanted to add a little "extra" to my home theater experience and decided to go with the Aura pros and a PE plate amp. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of effect generated by the Aura pros. I didn't want to spend alot of money on the upgrade, so this was a perfect for my budget.

TimForman

Supporting Actor
Agreed. In most cases it's not necessary to go overboard for a little extra effect. I used one standard bass-shaker under each of 6 seats powered by an old Realistic receiver rolled off with 50Hz FMODs. My goal was just a little extra, not butt buzzers. Works very well.

Marv

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for all the feedback here guys.
Has anyone seen a review of the ButtKicker amp?

-Marv G

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks