What's new

Bass Shakers (1 Viewer)

Eric Hargrove

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Aura Pro bass shakers in my couch and loveseat. I am using these in conjunction with my SVS Ultra driven by a QSC RMX2450. They work very well if the effect is not overdone. I did have 4 of them (2 in each couch) wired in series off of one channel and it was overbearing.

John H

Second Unit
I have been using tactile transducers in my system for several years now. I use them to activate a queen size adjustable bed in my bedroom based system.

My first setup was an array of 8 RBH FX80 units.(Ultra high performance Aura's) I used these for over a year and decided to upgrade.

I replaced the entire array with a pair of Clark Synthesis 329F models. A year later I upgraded to a pair of Clarks Platinum models when they made their debut.

At that time I also installed a pair of "original" Buttkickers and a pair Carvin DCM1000 amplifiers to drive them.

I now drive the BK's with a pair of bridged Crown K2 amplifiers, 2500w available to each.

I use a pair of subharmonic synthesizers on their signal. A Paradigm X-30 lowpassed at 35Hz sums the 2 processors signals before feeding the power amplifiers.

IMO any properly implemented tactile transducer setup only adds to the the HT enjoyment experience.

John

Matthew-K

Stunt Coordinator
I have a pair of aura pros wired in series for a 8ohm load and I love them. You might need a filter to so the shakers don't overdue it. I have them installed to the frame of my sectional and It's great to see my friends reation when they first experience them.:emoji_thumbsup:

ScottCarr

Second Unit
I recently hooked up bass shakers in the love seat and recliners. They add a great effect. Have 2 sub outs on my receiver I used one and routed it to an old stereo receiver tape iput. Then used the speaker out puts from the old receiver as the supply to the bass shaker. This added a tremendous amount of flexibility. Now the power supplied to the bass shakers can be independently controlled fromt he main system. Also using the balance control I can balance the effect on the back and bottom of the furniture. If you would like a wiring diagram email me at [email protected].

have fun,
Scott

dan scorpio

Stunt Coordinator
right now i have 2 sub woofers,connected with 1 y comming from my pioneer 5.1 receiver...now i also just got my amp plate.. i was thinking if i run 1 cable to my 1st sub,then get another y connecter(a female end and 2 male ends)run 1 to my second sub,and the other to the amp plate for the bass shakers...what do you think?
will my pioneer receiver still be ok to run this?

Kenny WH

Stunt Coordinator
Dan,

Those little buggers will be a great addition to your theater!!

I'm running 10 Aura units along with a dual SVS Ultra setup.
Powering the Aura's with an old pro-logic receiver, and the Ultra's with a QSC PLX1602. By using a rec. for the Aura's I can adjust the effect level by remote independent of my Ultra's. I used a single y out of my receiver to split between the QSC and the Aura's amp.

One problem you may run into is a drop in input voltage to the sub/shaker amps when adding y adapters. You are basically watering down the lfe signal with each y which means you may have to increase your lfe level from your Pioneer and/or increase the gains on your sub/shaker amps.

It's better to increase the level of signal upstream of the amps if possible so if you need to make adjustments start by increasing the lfe level on your Pioneer first.

I had to increase the lfe level on my Denon rec. some in order to compensate for the addition of the Shaker amp.

Enjoy!!!

Ken

:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks