bass shakers take place of sub?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Anthony Moore, Nov 28, 2001.

1. Anthony Moore

Anthony Moore Supporting Actor

Ok, I just bought some of those Aura bass shakers from ubid. They were cheap and sounded interesting, so I bought them.

Anyways, right now Im using Polk rt1000i's for mains which have an amazing powered sub underneath them, but soon they will be gone. Im selling them for a pair of Diva 6.1's. So ill need a sub. OR will I? The bass shakers havent came in teh mail yet, so I dont know how they sound. Can they replace a sub? I bought 2 of them.

thanks

anthony

2. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    NO!

there is NO substitute for a quality subwoofer in a HT setup! these will only add to the vibration effects produced by the sub. that's why they're called "bass shakers" instead of "bass reproducers."

3. Anthony Moore

Anthony Moore Supporting Actor

well, what if the sub i have doesnt produce the low frequencies well? Will they help out?

4. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

I have a set of the aura shakers from the parts express $10 days.They certainly helped alot when I just had an Infinity 8" sub,but now that I have an SVs,well,The shakers are pretty much not in use.Get some cash together,get an SVs and let the shaking begin.