What's new

Bass Shakers, SVS question (1 Viewer)

JessPrice

Stunt Coordinator
I intend to hook up 2 Aura Pro Bass Shakers into my home theater set-up sometime. I was wondering, is there any way to make use out of the 6th amp channel on my marantz to power these shakers? I know that it is a rear-channel so there won't be much bass, but that is why the SVS comes into play. I also plan on purchasing a SVS PB2-ISD. Does the BASH amp on the PB2-ISD have an audio out, so I could somehow re-route it back into the reciever like a daisy-chain?

What I am trying to say is, is it at all possible to power my bass shakers from the LFE channel with my spare channel on my reciever?! I don't want to have to buy a bass shaker amp seperately.

James~P

Stunt Coordinator
*gets dizzy and passes out from reading the post*

dude.. just buy a low power used amp for under 100 dollars... prolly quite a bit easier.

JessPrice

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, but then I have to house the extra amp, and space is a little limited. Some expert may come up with a solution.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I would think that YES, you may do that but make sure the Marantz channel you want to use will go low enough and is adjustable enough to have control you may need over the shakers.

As point out above, the best route is a small, cheap amp fed a signal from your lfe (either from the audio out of the sub or a splitter from the Marantz). That would take those duties off the Marantz and you wouldn't have to worry about the load. Those little amps don't require much room and can be positioned just about anywhere. Mine sits in a lower part of my dvd cabinet, hidden with just anough access to change the volume if I wish. Partsexpress sells them cheap too.

Jason Brent

Second Unit
OK, here's what I did. But I don't know if this will work for you.

I have an HK 525. It has 7 channels of amplification. The 6th and 7th channel can be configured for a 2nd zone operation. I took the single LFE output and put a Y connector on it and then connected the unused end of the Y to one of my unused source inputs (in my case, video 3) Then I hook up the shakers to the 6th and 7th amp channels.

Then I setup the 2nd zone feature to use the video 3 source.

This way I can turn them on and off by just selecting the 2nd zone. And it is already crossed over at 40 cycles since that is what is coming out of the LFE.

Does that make sense??

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
Thank you Jason. I was just about to make a post asking if I could somehow use the spare channels on my HK 325 to power a DIY sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks